• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Treadmill reco's?

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I have to be extremely careful of not putting myself in jeopardy of any possibility of falling (because of the nature/severity of my shoulder/arm break), I can't use my Stairmaster, or even hike around here (too much ice). So, I'm thinking about buying a treadmill so I can keep active. Anyone have a recommendation?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you in a sling or cast? When I broke my wrist and was in a cast I did spinning classes or used a stationary bike at the gym. I was able to support myself with my good arm.

If you think you could support yourself and have a road or mtn bike you could buy a trainer to mount the bike on. A set of aero bars would allow you to change position. A lot cheaper than a treadmill.

When I had rotator cuff surgery I used a Nordic Track. I was in a sling but was able to balance against the pad and use my legs. However, I used the Nordic track alot and was used to the balance it required for this. An aerodyne machine or recumbant bike are also good options.

The good news is that arm and shoulder injuries are easier to work around than knee injuries.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you in a sling or cast? When I broke my wrist and was in a cast I did spinning classes or used a stationary bike at the gym. I was able to support myself with my good arm.

If you think you could support yourself and have a road or mtn bike you could buy a trainer to mount the bike on. A set of aero bars would allow you to change position. A lot cheaper than a treadmill.

When I had rotator cuff surgery I used a Nordic Track. I was in a sling but was able to balance against the pad and use my legs. However, I used the Nordic track alot and was used to the balance it required for this. An aerodyne machine or recumbant bike are also good options.

The good news is that arm and shoulder injuries are easier to work around than knee injuries.

I'm in a sling, but I have a four-part proximal humerus fracture. So, it's pretty nasty, and I have to be exceedingly careful with it. I know a recumbent bike would be good as well, but I think a treadmill is a better piece of equipment for me to invest in, long run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga