• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Trail running and mind games

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since I have to work most of the summer, I have to be creative about getting my workouts in and avoid the heat of the day. One or two days per week, I ride my bike to work and on two days per week I road run and then try to fit in two trail runs of about an hour on the other days.

Trail running is so different than road running, and is a lot more fun (and harder). Got the Montrails and LOVE LOVE them. Trying new trails and think I'm hooked on the Millcreek Pipeline Trail. The views are great, once the climbing is done, the trail flattens out for some good pacing.

I have to work on getting my imagination under control---why does my mind imagine every stick on the trail as a baby rattler? Just because it's Rattlesnake Gulch and the paper has been warning and giving tips on how to avoid rattlers and what to do if bit.......and there were some on the Shoreline trail last week (about four).....I don't want this to interfere with great runs.

Snake phobia aside, what a great way to start the day!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna