• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR - Tremblant Dec 1-9

Jilly

Staff member
You may have noticed that I've been a little out of touch this week. Well good reason, I've been skiing. Left for Tremblant on Saturday and skied the week +. Sunday the 2nd Hubby and I ran into some friends. Well the "kid" (he's 25+) and I actually skied the bumps in Ryan Haut. Got a rock or too but the "bosses" (french for bumps) weren't the boss. Then Sunday night it started to snow. Anyone who lives in the east know what happened. Well we got 14"+ depending on where you were on the mountain. Needless to say, when you can't see, skiing isn't fun. So I didn't ski. We had visitors arriving on Tuesday, so I worked on getting the condo set up for them, getting groceries and working on getting an internet connection.
Tuesday - Heaven, hero snow, perfection and sunshine. Fantastic day. I spent the afternoon at the Bell Store trying again to get connected to the internet.
Wednesday - first day of the CSIA convention. I spent the day skiing with a level 4 ski instructor and learning what was wrong with my skiing and how to fix it. We also had an indoor presentations to atttend.
Thursday - Tremblant was at its usual for December. Top so foggy you couldn't see 20 ft in front of you. But I paid, so I go. Morning session was how to demo skis. Volklgirl - I'm sticking with your card. The instructor wanted us to notice side cuts, waist width, turning radius etc. Most of the people I was with didn't know squat! I retried a few - Nordica Victory and the Fischer Breeze. I also tried the new Aero X from Salomon - loved the side cut, hated the flex. Too stiff. The afternoon session was "Venus on Snow" (tcarey an idea for you). We had 2 of the top level 4 women instructors. What makes us different, why women's groups, how to teach women etc. When we were introducing ourselves I did add that I'm a moderator on this really neat internet forum - theskidiva.com. Our instructor got us into the small bumps on Tashereau for a lesson. She had some really interesting perspectives on bumps. The bump is shaped like a diamond - pole plant in the middle of the diamond. Thursday night was our banquet. The newer level 4's did a fashion show of the stuff that we can buy from the CSIA store. Fun stuff and obvisiously a few shooters can been taken before the stage. Thursday afternoon I slao spent 45 min on the phone and got internet!!
Friday - Another day of ski improvement and some teaching help. Tremblant opened top to bottom on Thursday, so we really had some terrain to work with. That was the end of the convention.
Saturday - Well the 24hr of Tremblant started at noon. They had blocked off 3 runs on the south side of the mountain for this race. And the gondola access is really screwed up, as the racers have priority. Also I had skied 5 days straight by that time as was feeling it. So Hubby and I went shopping after lunch. He needed a new suit. And through my connection with the CSIA I could get him a suit from Avalanche at a good price. They have a store in old Mt Tremblant. At 10:00 pm David Usher was playing on the stage for the 24 hr race. Well was it cold. It took me at least 3 hours to get my legs warm after we got home. And guys were racing in downhill suits throughout all this.
Sunday - Got up to -24C temps and decided to pack some things up before going skiing. Got out there about 10:00 at the top. Cold!! Didn't see anyone we knew, not even JB/TJBrk at 11:00. Quite about 1pm as we needed to do some clean up yet and go home.
SkiMave - They opened the edge on Saturday. By New years even Soliel should be open. We'll have a great day!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great trip, Jilly! Thanks for the Divas plug, too!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Awesome TR, Jilly. I'm not only cold but exhausted just READING about your week!! Really have to get myself up there soon...

Jilly

Staff member
I think the reason I got so cold was that my muscles - calf and quads were tired. It took all night to warm up. I sat on the couch with a fleece blanket on them and finally decided to just go to bed. Taking up the heating pad next time. For anyone that knows Tremblant, they open Versant Soleil on Thursday. The mountain is about 95% open. And its only the middle of December. Its going to be a great year. I'll heading up again Boxing Day and hopefully meeting up with SkiMave on New Years Day.

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the update Jilly. I've been watching the shenanigans on JB's site every day to keep up with how the hill is progressing. It looks superb.

Bit of bad news though, I seem to have pulled something in my knee. It was swollen yesterday and I had trouble walking. I think I pulled something when I was running on the treadmill this week (ironic seeing as how I'm trying to get in shape for skiing....argh!!...). I've been keeping it elevated, ice packs several times a day, some Advil - you know the drill.

I'm hoping to get to the sports clinic early this week so they can fix me up by New Years. I've just got to get out on those new Atomics by then !!

On an aside - SkiDiva - I saw the book Finn in our local bookstore in downtown Oakville Ontario yesterday - right in the section "Hot new releases". Congrats to Mr SkiDiva!!

Jilly

Staff member
Get better and I'm not so sure of my plans at the moment. I've just spent 4 hours at the ER with him to try to get his blood sugar down. He's 80 and been in good health till the 2 years when the diabetis set in. I think he needs to go on insulin instead of the pills. With the storm I'm hoping for some cancellations tomorrow and his doctor can see him instead of Thursday. I'm the only kid, so it falls onto me do the things. My stepmother is only standing in the background saying: "I've tried to tell him" and "the doctor is useless". So I'll go with him and raise Kane!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga