• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR-Timberline, Jeff Flood Express/Still Creek

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So today was the big day that Timberline opened up the new Still Creek ski area around the Jeff Flood Express. They'd kinda pulled the plug during yesterday's grand opening, but today they were getting fresh snow and were running it, at least in the morning.

I can't speak to the black diamond runs, but the blues I did were kinda interesting. I'm still getting my ski legs back, and I'm a bit cautious after hubby's accident after Thanksgiving, so I was doing it slow and careful. I went down parts of Uncle Jon's Band and Pete's Plunder--both fairly nice little runs that should be nicer once they get more snow. I was still watching for stumps and sticks....

Essentially, the blues and blacks run off of a green road, West Leg, that loops around and eventually ends up in Government Camp. There's one long run that is blue/black (Mustang Sally) that had been neglected with lots of powder last spring, but is getting worked over pretty heavily right now.

I'm not wild about entering into the lift area itself--you've gotta climb up to make it, but more snow will fix that. But the chair itself is a nice high-speed quad. And when the wind and snow hits the Mountain, the Jeff Flood appears to stay fairly free of the worst of it, at least until you get close to the top of it.

More snow was hitting when we left. I like this new Timberline expansion--it has possibilities.:snow:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga