• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR: Mont Tremblant, 12/15 - 12/21

soundgarden

Certified Ski Diva
Mont Tremblant 12/15 – 12/21

My b/f and I headed up to MT for one week in December. We had an incredible time. It was very beautiful & very cold at the same time. We are both in our late 20’s and started skiing about three years ago. I stayed mostly on the Greens at MT – my b/f kept me company for the 1st two days, and on the last two days, he went off on some of the Blues & Blacks. We found the trails to be relatively well groomed and wide. Because of our intermediate skill levels, we didn't explore a good part of the mountain, but we did cover most of the Greens & Blues, and a few Blacks between the two of us...

We were driving up from Boston, MA, and didn’t really want to drive in the dark on roads that weren't familiar with. So, we started off early in the morning and were at MT around 2PM. We stayed at the Homewood Suites, because of the price during that week, its kitchen, and the proximity to the slopes. It was a great hotel. These are pics of our room. I had requested & received a room facing the slopes, and you can see the Flying Mile lift right out of our window.

000_0089-1.jpg

000_0074.jpg

000_0103.jpg

We headed out on the 1st day, and boy was it freezing. Luckily, I had asked everyone here what to wear, and amazingly, we weren’t cold. The avg. temps were about 0F to (-10F) with wind chill. We were covered top to bottom with multiple layers, and I had hand and feet warmers. The freezing temps and mid-week times meant that there were no lines for the whole week. There was however, tons of snow, which was great.

We lasted till at 2PM on the first day and stayed in & cooked dinner for ourselves. The 2nd and 3rd days of skiing were amazing as well. On the 3rd day, the wind died down a little, and that made an amazing difference. We took a break between the 2nd and 3rd days to explore Mont Tremblant & St. Jovite – both of which were beautiful.

000_0116.jpg

000_0115.jpg

There weren’t that many people around at night, mainly because I believe we went right before peak season started. The most people that we ever saw out was at the local creperie, which we visited twice.

We took the camera up with us on the 4th day of skiing and managed to snag some shots of the snow.

000_0160.jpg

000_0158.jpg

000_0152.jpg

000_0150.jpg

000_0149.jpg

000_0156.jpg

000_0155.jpg

Overall, we had a wonderful time and learned the following things:

1) It is possible not to be cold in very cold temperatures – layering properly is key.
2) Park your car nose out in a garage. My battery died (I left the lights on) & we had to call Canada’s AAA to get it jumped, because my cables weren’t long enough, and my car wouldn’t move, even in neutral. It cost us $50, but we learned a valuable lesson.
3) Take many breaks when skiing in cold/windy weather. Our breaks & day off helped out a lot.
4) You can save a ton of money by cooking. We did eat out twice, but we cooked every other meal in the kitchen of our hotel room. It was fun, and it saved us a lot of money.

The only thing (and I believe that there is a recent thread on this) that I had an issue with, and it sounds a little off, was my hair. It’s long & thick, and even though I had it in two braids, it was everywhere the whole time – in my face, my mouth, etc…I have to figure out a better way to keep it still. :becky:

I wanted to thank everyone who gave us great advice about Tremblant – it really helped make our trip amazing. Please feel free to ask any questions!!

A.

Jilly

Staff member
I am so glad you like my mountain. Did JB007 catch up with you? Great pics, I can even find my place in the one. (not telling anybody where it is!) As for your hair - try a ponytail - braided!

soundgarden

Certified Ski Diva
(Rest of the Pics)..

We didn't get a chance to catch up with JB007, but we did read his blog everyday that we were there :smile: I'll try the ponytail idea - hopefully that will keep my hair out of my mouth!

Continued from the 1st post, the rest of the pics (Sorry about the different sizes)...

000_0154.jpg

000_0153.jpg

000_0148.jpg

000_0146.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
What a lovely trip report - thanks for posting! It really does look like you had most of the resort to yourselves -- so quiet! DH and I are contemplating a trip up there later in the season, so I read this with great interest. I was especially happy to hear that you enjoyed where you stayed. I lived in a suite hotel like this for about a month once, and the kitchen was much appreciated. Nice to know there are similar accommodations at Tremblant. Glad you had a good time! Great pics!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks great! The only time I have skied on slopes that empty was 3 years ago at Mont Sainte Anne in Quebec....we went the 2nd week in January and there was practically no one at the resort.

Jilly

Staff member
Any Diva's coming to Tremblant, please let me know. I get lonely up here. As of next week I will have a Ski Diva Cap, so apres-ski you will be able to find me. Also I usually wear the suit in my avitar. Also we have a local forum called the tremblant-insider. JB007 aka Russ lives there and post video's everyday of skiing down a couple of runs. And for example this weekend is a Nor-Am bordercross, he will video some of that too. So if you are coming up join us there too. Soundgarden and SkiMave have use the site before their trips. And if I can be of any help to anyone planning just PM me or post.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga