• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR Hemsedal, Norway and watch out for the moose

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Spent the weekend (24-25/11) in Hemsedal with 7 open lifts and 7 open slopes. Skiing was really good, even though there was almost no natural snow. Saturday was really cold and windy, but really good in the pists. Sunday was warmer, but it was really windy, so they had to close the lifts several times. And at the end of the day it was snowing hard. Lots of moguls and some icy parts.

Actually the most interesting thing happened on Sunday when we had lunch. We looked out the windows and suddenly saw a really big moose in the pist. :eek: Why didn't I bring my camera... :frusty:

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, it has been a good start this season, already been skiing three times. And more to come. :becky: And this weekend will be demo weekend, so hopefully I can test out some new skis before I buy. :yahoo:

We had a long discussion on what sort of skis the moose had on, but since he went uphill, we decided it had to be some good pow skis with randonne bindings :wink:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Keep us stoked on the skiing over there!
I love a good moose story!
Any chance you'll post a pic of a Reindeer..........Rudolph perhaps?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Y'all crack me up! Having encountered many a moose in Alaska on roads, in my yard etc I would not be amused to encounter one on a ski slope. They're beautiful animals but if you piss one off get out of there, and fast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga