• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR: Beaver Mountain, Utah (day 2 po

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The local ski hill finally opened up today. I have never skied at Beaver Mountain before, and was excited to try it out.

It was a fantastic day, and with a whole lotta fresh snow, I decided to give powder skiing a second try.

Getting ready to go for it!
powdershot-canIdothis.jpg

Madelinepowdershot.jpg

Madelinepowdershot1.jpg

Almost made it!
Powdershot2.jpg

A few more shots from the day:
ontothegroomers.jpg

sunandtrees.jpg

Adivasays-greatday.jpg

Now granted, the stuff I tried was pretty low level and not super deep - maybe 10 - 12 in, but I was glad I tried it again!

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's fantastic! *jealous*:hurt:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks great! You don't wanna know what my local hill looked like today :redface: :eek: :(

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beaver Mountain is cool---my Saturday outing pic

Here's my Saturday outing........from my cell phone (I never have a camera---this early in season, I'm focused on getting my gear right).

We did the high traverse in Honeycomb Canyon, over the rocks with quite a bit of upward sidestepping. The traverse had a weird angle and sketchy cover---and was tough on an old lady like me.

It was so cold, and I was so focused on the traverse and finding my line outside of the avalanche crud, that I waited til I was at the base of my run---in the trees---to take this pic:

https://picasaweb.google.com/dloveski/SkiSeason07/photo?authkey=K4BuWQBtDpg#5147237006977519842

My quads are still aching today. I don't know if it's age or just early season weebeejeebie rubbery legs: (I'm sure it's the latter), but I was beat up. Yet, just being out / up there was a treat and I appreciate that I can make it up and down in one piece. The "youngsters" I was with went farther, faster, and deeper. I must learn to accept where I'm at and enjoy it for what it is. It's beautiful. :clap:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sheena - glad Beaver is open for you guys! I bet you were getting sick of that drive to the Cottonwoods. I have yet to ski at the Beav, but I've heard it's a really fun mountain that never gets crowded. You'll get your share of powder practice this year. :smile:

Dlove - my hubby and I were at Soli on Saturday too. We need to swap descriptions since I'm sure we passed each other on Summit or Honeycomb and didn't even know it! Honeycomb was off the hook that day. We happened to be getting off the Summit chair as patrol dropped the rope. The tree skiing in Buckeye and Black Forest was SICK! And I couldn't believe we were skiing onto the lifts all day. I've never done the long hike out on the high traverse on the other side of Honeycomb. You'll have to give me some tips on the good stuff out there.

BTW - I'm always in a purple jacket (either soft or hard shell) and black pants, with a gray Giro helmet, green Oakley goggles, and skiing on B3's. Keep an eye out this Friday if you're up there - I'll be there trying to learn how to telemark (bright blue boots and K2 Dawn Patrols). :ski2:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga