• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR: Alta was fun today

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tim and I decided to drive down to Alta Saturday morning. By the time we got to Alta and ready, it was about 12:30 and the line for the Collins llift was insane! We got to the top and saw this! Amazing!

Alta2.jpg

Alta1.jpg

By the time we finished two laps off of Collins, there was basically no line. Day. It was snowing the whole time we were there, so I got to practice skiing in big soft moguls all over the place. Definitely a great day!

We decided to stay the night and ski Sunday as well. We made a couple of runs, and then ballroom opened, so we decided to give it a shot. I have rarely skied powder, and never powder that deep. We headed across the traverse, and the woman in front of me dove in and then she just yelled, "my god it is deep", so I decided to dive in, and made one turn and fell over. The snow was REALLY deep, and after I got myself up, I had sunk down about 3.5 feet and could not move at all.

So, I learned a lot this weekend.

1) Everything looks 1,000 times prettier with tons of snow on it.
2) It is a ton of fun to ski soft snow in the middle of a storm
3) Powder is hard, but fun, and it is really hard to get yourself unstuck when you fall in 3.5 feet of heavy snow!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sheena, you're an inspiration!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sheena, you're an inspiration!

Awww, thanks! Sometimes I feel that I have used this forum as my own little personal ski diary where I document all of my struggles and triumphs on the slopes. I hope someday to look back on all this and realize how far I have come.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga