• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Top Three reasons......errrr, excuses to buy new gear!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This thread topic occurred to me after a few threads recently where I found the Gear Ho in me with mixed feelings about ski damage and/or theft.

I acknowledge and realize that Ski Gear Theft and Damage is not a good thing, but there's a teensy weensy part of me that sees these terrible happenstances as opportunities. Does this mean my glass is half full or am I crazy:loco:

In this thread - Battle Scars - Ski Diva's MidFats have become her Rock Skis, therefore she has an opportunity to get a new midfat. Let me know if you need help picking one out :becky:

In this thread - Can My Heart Recover from my Burnin Luvs? - Greekpeakskier lost her Luv's in a theft. Though the theft is horrible, and I would never take ski gear theft lightly, I'm betting she will fall out of luv with the luvs and conquer the mountain with Olympia. See, an obstacle can become an opportunity.
BTW, I'm really sorry about the theft, really I am.:(

Now, go ski on those new skis and report back!!!

Someone give me a reason #3

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, darn, I'm cold, I think I need a new (insert item here such as pair of mittens, ski socks, balaclava, baselayer etc).

Oh, look, there's a Diva selling that pair of skis for super cheap, I must have them. :laugh:

Jilly

Staff member
Robyn I like that, or #3 How about the thread about losing weight? When I lost 40lbs I couldn't flex the Rossi Vipers and went for the Atomic C-9's.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
# whatever: "I'm outskiing these ____ (fill in size) and they are squirrelly at speed" - in view of the topic discussed.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Robyn I like that, or #3 How about the thread about losing weight? When I lost 40lbs I couldn't flex the Rossi Vipers and went for the Atomic C-9's.
That's one that I hope to be using next year.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a new real life reason to add to the list!
Luv is cracked

I think the next real reason is because buying gear is like crack!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the next real reason is because buying gear is like crack!

Isn't it though? I want new pants but with a weight loss goal I really don't want to spend the money on new pants this season. I'd rather wait until next and buy a hot new outfit to celebrate a successful journey.

However, that doesn't stop me from buying goggles, socks, gloves, hats (even though I don't ski in them I usually have one on me for apres ski since my hair looks terrible after the helmet), etc.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, losing weight is a great excuse to have to buy gear, but I fear I have the opposite problem this season!! :Cry:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband and I justify a lot of gear using the Law of the Conservation of Gear. In short, the law states:

"If thou shalt sell any gear, thou shalt buy new gear at an equal or slightly greater value with no penalty from thy spouse".

:D

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowhot,

I know that a lot of the divas on this website are gear hounds. They call me geargirl at ski school. But, gear is so much fun!!! My new Free Spice are being mounted as we speak. So this year, I have two pairs of skis, boots, helmet, gloves, ski pants and five Icebreaker sweaters. But, I NEED them all for work!!! Gosh, I hope that I break even this year!!!!

Simone29

Certified Ski Diva
I've only been skiing for 1 year and I have gear up the wazoo...i'm the epitome of gear girl...i own 3 ski pants, 3 ski jackets, helmets, 3 ski gloves, glove liners, snap dry boot dryer, saloman ski boots, pink atomic boot bag and ski bag, tremblant boot straps, ski ties/carriers, 2 pairs of goggles, spyder this, northface that, and now i'm going to buy another pair of skis because i can't ski for more than 2 minutes on Volkl AC3's without having to lie down on the snow from my burning legs. Imagine what I will become in 10yrs...lol.

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As a typical yo-yo dieter...

I have a 'fat' ski jacket, 'fat' ski pants, a 'skinny' ski jacket and 'skinny' ski pants!

My friends know if I'm wearing a blue jacket with cream coloured pants, I'm ALWAYS in a good mood! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga