• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thinking Ahead

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The other night, The Boy and I's conversation shifted toward vacations. We have a lot of hobbies and as such find ourselves taking lots of trips, so sometimes we have to plan ahead. The topic of our yearly winter-trip came up and we talked about what we were doing this upcoming season.

It seems kind of silly since it's still Summer, but I like to at least know our general destination and trip size to know how much $$ I'll need to save.

We are thinking this year of doing another New England roadtrip, driving up north and I want to hit Stowe (never been), Mad River Glen (since The Boy finally got skis), and of course Jay. Maybe a few others too, not sure.

How far in advance do you plan your ski trips, and if you've already planned them (or at least figured out the general area you're heading to), where do you plan on going next season??

K.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I think it depends when and where you're going. If you're planning on going during a holiday week (Christmas, President's Week, MLK), you really have to plan ahead. Weekends, too. If you plan to go mid-week, then it's not so critical.

You can actually pretty much find something anywhere no matter when you plan, if you're willing to be flexible about where you stay or pay a bit more. That said, if we take a trip out west, we generally plan it in the fall, although this coming year I think it'll be more last minute (since there may be another book tour when the paperback version of Finn comes out, and this time I'd like Mr. Ski Diva to come with me!). I know when the Divas went to Jay (this was over a weekend), we booked our room about 2 months ahead. Jay doesn't have a lot of places to stay that are nearby, so it makes sense to plan that one in advance. Things might be a little easier at Stowe, which has a lot of accomodations available.

A good idea for a New England tour is to get one place that's more or les centrally located, use that as a base, and just go out from there. You can easily do that with Stowe, MRG and Sugarbush, since they're not that far apart. You could even through Jay in there, if you wanted to make a bit of a drive.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Planned, booked and paid for most of next years trip!

Feb 2008 - Vail, Aspen, Telluride.

It pays for us to book early, we get much better deals on flights etc.

Feb 2009 is in the early planning stages, Chamonix and Val D'Isere.

Ah Shellski....I could have skiied with you in Vail in February....but we are going to Hawaii then! :(

Maybe next time!

Where are you staying in Vail?

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We'll be there 25 Jan - 2 Feb actually, not really in Feb. Then we go on to Aspen and Telluride.

I have family who live nearby, we stay with them. We'll also be skiing Beaver Creek as well, and may pop up to Breck to ski the new lift.

Do you live in Vail?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga