• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Surefoot custom liners

skiaddict

Diva in Training
Anyone have the Surefoot custom injected liners? Are they worth it? How do they compare to the zipfit, comfortable, or intuition liners? Would love to hear more about this.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Surefoot custom liners and they are wonderful. I can't speak for the others.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, I have the Surefoot liners and do love them. Unfortunately I can't do a comparison for you.

amberula4

Certified Ski Diva
I was having really bad problems with my arches last season. So I didn't end up getting the custom surefoot liners. But I got something from REI called SOLE. They heat up like surefoot liners, but are a little cheaper. With the SOLE liners you heat them up in your oven at home and mold them yourself. So far they are working great!!! No pain. I will never got back to the original ski boot liners again.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had to go to custom boot liners this year due to the major difference in my ankle from an injury last year. I got mine at Surefoot here in Park City. I love 'em. I had the custom footbeds added to them. I paid a pretty penny for them, but I'll never go back to standard boots, even with my custom footbeds.
If you don't want to spend the money on the whole liner, try a pair of custom footbeds first. They may make a big enough difference that you can ski in your existing boots with them.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was having really bad problems with my arches last season. So I didn't end up getting the custom surefoot liners. But I got something from REI called SOLE. They heat up like surefoot liners, but are a little cheaper. With the SOLE liners you heat them up in your oven at home and mold them yourself. So far they are working great!!! No pain. I will never got back to the original ski boot liners again.

Are you sure it was an entire liner and not just footbeds? Big difference between them. A liner is the entire innerboot, from the tip of your toes to the calves. I think SOLE only makes footbeds.

skiaddict

Diva in Training
I have a surefoot footbed already and have been contemplating the liner. I was able to transfer the orthotic to my new boots which was lucky since the size of boot went up. Now I've been having to crank down on the buckles so much that i've been in crazy pain. Last week I added heel lifts and had the shell on one boot blown out a bit. It helped a lot, and now I'm seeking perfection! I imagine the injected liner is the best form fit you can get, but was curious how the heat molded liners do.

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
so this is what i have been told, never used any of the liners but this is what my boss says...

surefit liners are great because they extend the life of the boot since it doesnt pack out and will stiffen up the boot and so if you ski 100 days a year they are great but they are hell for your first 20 days of break in. also they get one shot to do it and if they screw it up then you're stuck with in (in his case they didnt get enough foam behind one heel and so it slips around now)

intuition are supposed to be super warm and im contemplating get myself a pair, had good reviews from customers and you can heat mold them over and over if you need to adjust but not as stiff as the others

zipfits land somewhere in the middle, they take a perfect mold of your foot and are about as supportive as the surefoot without being a permanent commitment. they are really hard to get on and off though, your boots need to be really warm for you to get in and out.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you sure your boss has Surefoot custom liners? Surefoot has a 100% lifetime guarantee. If they aren't right, they will work until they are. My guys at the Park City Surefoot told me to keep on coming if, if I need to, and they will fix any issues I have with my boots for free.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What slidergirl said.

My insoles & liners(from Surefoot) are 100% guaranteed...

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Surefoot is totally worth it. I had the custom injected liners made with a new shell last year. I have a narrow foot with a super-narrow heel that even the narrowest stock Langes couldn't fit. Now, with my Surefoot liners and Lange shells, I have a perfect-fitting boot....and I have them buckled as loose as they go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga