• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SuperBowl vs. skiing?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone modifying their ski plans to accomodate the SuperBowl this weekend?

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nope! Gonna ski instead of watch football. We may listen to some of the game on the radio in the car on the way home. :smile:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is there really a question??? :confused:

Do people actually do that? :D

Sarah

Certified Ski Diva
Superbowl??? What sport is that again ;)

Oh yes I remember now, thats the best day of the year to go skiing isn't it, when everyone else has left the mountain :p

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be skiing, but only because I'll be on a ski trip. Otherwise, I'd be wandering in and out of the room, half watching my beloved Colts.

BatGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sarah said:
Oh yes I remember now, thats the best day of the year to go skiing isn't it, when everyone else has left the mountain :p

My thoughts precisely! Shorter lift lines are always a good thing.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What time is the game, like 7pm?

I'm headed to a local ski resort in the a.m. but I'll be home in time to watch some of it. I'm in a pool so I wanna see if I win any $$$. (Not likely as I got $hitty numbers).

I'll probably be cleaning my house at the same time though so will only be vaguely focused on the goings-on. It just doesn't matter as much since my team got knocked out.

K.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I'll admit it - we're skipping VT this weekend so we can watch the game with friends on Sunday. It's also my grandmother's birthday on Saturday, though, so now we can swing by my parent's house for that as well. HOWEVER, we're taking this opportunity to ski the amazing Mount Southington on Saturday morning, one of the hills where I learned to ski and where I haven't been since high school. I remember thinking the blacks looked terrifying back then - I'm super curious to see how the place feels ~8 years later. I hope there's enough to keep us busy for a few hours. :smile:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both. AM skiing, PM game. Another year it would be different, but it's the BEARS!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
rachelv said:
we're taking this opportunity to ski the amazing Mount Southington on Saturday morning, one of the hills where I learned to ski and where I haven't been since high school.

shiver That's where I blew out my knee the first time. I was doing a training run in high school, came out of a gate wide, tried to get back in, skied over some rutted out ice and flew into the air. Somewhere in there, the knee got mangled.:mad:

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing Saturday, Superbowl on Sunday. ;)

Although with the late start to the game, there's still time to get several hours of skiing in Sunday morning, too...

Having spent the first 34 years of my life in northern Illinois, I am a long-time Bears fan. I watched back in 1985 when they won the 'bowl against the Patriots, and I'll watch them win again this Sunday. :D

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Pequenita said:
shiver That's where I blew out my knee the first time. I was doing a training run in high school, came out of a gate wide, tried to get back in, skied over some rutted out ice and flew into the air. Somewhere in there, the knee got mangled.:mad:

Oh, wow - where'd you go to high school? I grew up in Meriden and went to Maloney.

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd rather be skiing, but...

I'll be home watching sports on ESPN.

(figure skating - European Championships)

:p

Jilly

Staff member
Don't like American football. Canadian version is much better. That said, our Grey Cup championship game is usually opening weekend of skiing in November. So it doesn't get watched either. Now hockey ----

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're driving to the condo on Sunday. My SO is going to watch the game with friends in Dillon but I dislike football so I'm staying at our condo.

My friends understand that I'm not being unsociable, I'm just not a football fan.

Kathi

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heck no! For my birthday, I made my husband take me to Salt Lake City. Flight doesn't leave until late Sunday night.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great birthday present! Is Sunday the day? Have a good one!

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
Sounds like a great birthday present! Is Sunday the day? Have a good one!
Actually it was yesterday. We flew out yesterday and due to the weather, we didn't make it to Park City for their free pass. We spent today at Snowbird. Now I feel like a beginning skiier again, nearly every run had HUGE mogul fields, although they were fun, really scarry and frustrating, but fun. Tomorrow I think we will hit Solitude and I have no idea for Sunday.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Better than any SuperBowl game, no question! (Actually, to me just about anything is better, since I'm not a football fan.)

NOTHING beats skiing on your birthday. I try to do that every year, since my birthday's in January.

Anyway, happy, happy birthday and many, many more.

And be sure to post a trip report, when you get back!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga