• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sun Peaks, BC

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This resort was part of my Trip From Hell, but I think this resort is worth mentioning because it honestly, on its own, sucked so bad! The entire mountain, almost every single inch, is groomed within an inch of its life. I skied a huge groomer all the way down to the base, and on the 20-minute (! really! 20 minutes!) ride to the top on the non-high-speed quad, I checked the trail map and that groomer was listed as a double black diamond trail. I could not believe it.

I rode up with a couple of older gentlemen who kept chiding me "oh, don't tell anyone about this place!" It took every ounce of my restraint to keep from saying "oh, I won't!" in the most sarcastic voice possible. The "alpine" (blue and green trails) was served by only a T-bar. There was nothing on this mountain that wasn't groomed other than a wonky "bump" run with rocks and trees sticking out of it. Terrible, terrible.

A $70 lift ticket, super expensive accomodations, and really lame trails make this resort a "must-skip".

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've traveled to Sun Peaks twice- both times at Christmas -I think it was 02 and 03.
For a family trip I thought it was great. of course, we did have phenomenal snow for early x-mas season.
We stayed at a B and B -- SunValley Bed and Breakfast - they even fed us moose one christmas eve dinner!
https://www.findholidayrentals.com/cgi-bin/property.cgi?ID=123
Our family loved it- no crowds -even on Boxing day, for us plenty of possibilities, and it is smaller so we felt comfortable letting the kids go off on their own (with rules).
My husband did lose a ski in the powder in some bowl- the rental shop re-outfitted him quickly and I was fortunate to find the darn thing 4 days later!- they didn't charge us extra even though he effectively used 2 pairs of skis for 4 days.
I'm sorry you had such a bad time.

canadaf35

Certified Ski Diva
I just came back from Whistler. A week long holiday and five days straight of skiing. It was brilliant.

Prior to that, my husband and I skied Sun Peaks for two days and just loved it. The village has a cute mini whistler feel to it. We had alot of good snow. We were there during their ice wine festival and exptected big line ups but there were none. I have skied most mountains in Western Canada and I would put Sun Peaks as one I would return to again for sure. We heard about the Burfy (or Barfy chair) I think the locals said it is 35 minutes to the top. It is the original "Tod" mountain chair. We did avoid it but were told it is the ride to back bowls of powder? Sorry to hear your trip was not good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga