• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Summer sailing season officially started

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My summer Sailling Race season has officially started. First time out in 5 months, it was a bit humbling. After a very bad start, we did manage to pull a 2nd place in our class.:smile:

I have been told to expect to start working with the spinaker next month. I am always nervous when we fly the spinaker. It gives me 5 times more work to do all at once.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow. Congrats on your placing!! I'm so envious that you're experienced enough to race and run with a spinaker!! How big is your boat and how big a crew??

My buddy just put his dock out, so I'm finally itching to put my baby in the water (vintage 1973 Hobie H-16). This is only my second year sailing her....she's called Hopefully Upright :D :

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are sailing my dad's 38' C&C.

Sailing with a spinaker, terrifies me because so much can go wrong so fast. My job is to man all the halyards and the pole, there are 16 lines at my fingertips, including a secondary main sheet and the outhul.

A good size Non-Spinaker crew is 5-7 people. For Spinaker, we need a minimum of 6, but 8 is best.

Sometimes we get guys on the crew that do some of the big international races like Transpac. I don't do some of the bigger weekend races, because I actually get sea sick. I have to be very careful and take precautions to avoid being usless when we go outside the breakwater.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga