• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Study re: correlation between warmup routine and ACL injury prevention

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
THank you! I just emailed that to my daughter's soccer coach and teammates' parents.

Interesting ... I have done all of those exercises with either my trainer or my pt, at one time or another.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Local orthopedic surgeon here gives presentations on this very subject, to regional girls'/women's coaches (high school/college). She (SHE! :D) has been studying this for years, has made it her specialty.

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of these exercises will help to strengthen the connective tissue surrounding the knee, not just build stronger muscles. It is important to work on your balance, which helps to increase your stability while moving (like skiing), which in turn will help prevent knees injuries. Something that isn't included in these exercises are the 3 planes of motion. You don't always move forward & back, which is the way most exercises are done. You also need to move laterally (side to side) and with rotation. These can be done by doing lunges in the 3 planes:
forward: stepping forward
laterally: stepping to the side
rotation: turn and lunge, step back at 90 degree angle, pivoting on rear leg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna