• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stratton this weekend

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Ladies - any locals with a thought on how Stratton will be this weekend? The forecast for the next couple days look grim but we’re gonna give it a shot… has anyone been on the greens recently? I will have some beginner kids with me and I’m thinking tamarack and East/west meadow maybe? Will be too washed out?
Thank you, hope you are able to make the most of what’s left for the weekend!

we are headed to Niseko in a Few weeks and hoping for much better conditions!

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fingers crossed for a good day. I know Magic is staying off the snow with the cats on thursday for our friday opening. Bromley is chugging along. I say if you are going, you are going and make the most of it. Looks like a chance of frozen mix for saturday and sunday with temps 35-42. Stratton has those trails open. Their trail count is 73 with 48 of them groomed. Just go in with low expectations, I'm sure you'll have fun.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ladies - any locals with a thought on how Stratton will be this weekend? The forecast for the next couple days look grim but we’re gonna give it a shot… has anyone been on the greens recently? I will have some beginner kids with me and I’m thinking tamarack and East/west meadow maybe? Will be too washed out?
Thank you, hope you are able to make the most of what’s left for the weekend!

we are headed to Niseko in a Few weeks and hoping for much better conditions!

I may ski Stratton tomorrow. If I do, I'll let you know how it is.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes please do! Yeah we are going regardless. Hotel is paid for and we love Manchester. Might try to find a maple sugar shack and see how trees are tapped. (Any good places nearby?)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So I skied Stratton today, and I wish I could give you happy news. Unfortunately, the warm temps and rain have really taken their toll, making it more like the beginning of April than the beginning of March. The snow is in turn gloppy and thick (with a lot of ruts), icy and semi-transparent, or just plain gone. There are lots of bare or nearly bare spots to watch out for. It was pretty empty today; I can't imagine how it'll be when it's crowded, like over a weekend.

This is where Janeway Junction comes into West Meadow. It's hard to scoot over to Drifter on the right, because of all the bare spots. The Slalom Glades are closed. Spruce is still open, though. Tamarack, since you asked about it, looked abysmal.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 3.53.44 PM.png

Fortunately, there are loads of fun things to do in the area, if you decide not to ski. Manchester has lots of nice shops, including my favorite bookstore, Northshire Books. There's Hildene, the home of Robert Todd Lincoln, Abe Lincoln's son, which is pretty cool to check out. Or you could go up to Weston to the Vermont Country Store, which is lots of fun. The ski shops are starting to have their end of season sales, so there's that, too.

On a more positive note, we're supposed to get snow Sunday/Monday, so if you're still around, it might be a lot better.

Last edited:

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bromley is pretty bleak too. Here is their plan so hoping the same logic is on the minds of Stratton.

Temps will get below freezing tonight and they'll bring the groomers back out. Bromley has snow piles stashed on closed trails. Their plan is to patch some snow, move some snow around and groom it all out.

Bromley will be ok for the weekend.

Here's hoping Stratton has similar plans.

At least there's stuff to do in the area. Shipping, restaurants, sales going on, Manchester is always fun, etc.

Weather coming in Sunday so fingers crossed for a touch up.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks so much for all the detailed feedback. I did see that most of Stratton greens are no longer easily accessible except for maybe the sunbowl greens. We can do blue but probably shouldn’t given conditions.

we do love Manchester and know there’s lots to do. Just not sure if we want to do an 8 hour round trip.

Hmmm. How about Killington? Looks like the greens on both extreme left and right sides of the mountain are still open - would that be worth the extra drive back and forth on Saturday?
We cant stay thru Monday - in fact im thinking we may drive back on sat to avoid the potential storm on Sunday…

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm I just called the hotel and they very kindly offered to give me a credit for the room cost if I decide to cancel. I wonder if next week will be better…

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think next week will be better. Most nights get below freezing so that means they can groom. The below freezing temps will help preserve the snow.

Then there a chance we'll get a little more Sunday to Monday.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I skied Bromley today, just across the valley from Stratton, and honestly, I thought it was better than Stratton on Wednesday. Sure, it was spring conditions and by 1PM it was strictly mashed potatoes. But coverage was pretty good and I had a ton of fun. Anyway, another option to consider, if you're not happy with Stratton.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna