• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stratton/PICO this weekend?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Ladies - has anyone skied either of these the last couple days? Howare the conditions? Doesn’t look like there’s been much precipitation recently. Any suggestions of which would be less icy this weekend? Temps look high so hopefully it will soften

Tvan

Angel Diva
Stratton was excellent conditions on Wednesday. Hard to predict what the weekend will bring with the predicted warm temps and rain.

Skac1919

Diva in Training
How was it? I’ll be at Pico this coming Sunday - looks like colder temps coming and maybe some snow Thursday/Friday so I’m hopeful

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
PICO was wonderful on Saturday! Conditions were soft and buttery. Those greens are kind of dark geeen though! I do think it’s one of the more customer friendly/ service oriented resorts too! A whole floor dedicated to folks who want to bring lunch in, a free bag check area, multiple Kleenex boxes and a comfy bench in the bathroom. Bathrooms on ground level (!!!). Just felt very welcoming. No lift lines either!

Sunday we knew it would be icky everywhere so we had a nice long snowshoe hike in Stratton. Amazing brunch at Up for breakfast and a loooong visit to Northshire books for my bookworm DD. On Wed I may head up to blue mountain after the storm that should come tomorrow and then Tremblant for the long weekend with our Blacked out Ikon base bass!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We also went back to Chester to visit the yarn shop I saw last week and a visit to the souther Pie cafe for some very nice coffee and pie. On the whole a wonderful Vermont weekend.

Skac1919

Diva in Training
PICO was wonderful on Saturday! Conditions were soft and buttery. Those greens are kind of dark geeen though! I do think it’s one of the more customer friendly/ service oriented resorts too! A whole floor dedicated to folks who want to bring lunch in, a free bag check area, multiple Kleenex boxes and a comfy bench in the bathroom. Bathrooms on ground level (!!!). Just felt very welcoming. No lift lines either!

Sunday we knew it would be icky everywhere so we had a nice long snowshoe hike in Stratton. Amazing brunch at Up for breakfast and a loooong visit to Northshire books for my bookworm DD. On Wed I may head up to blue mountain after the storm that should come tomorrow and then Tremblant for the long weekend with our Blacked out Ikon base bass!
Thank you so much! We will be there with a new-ish skier and I had forgotten about the blue-greens at Pico! Nice to know they were not very crowded.

Which yarn shop? Always a good side trip if the weather gets nasty or we call it a day early

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Six Loose Ladies! Had some nice yarns that you wouldn’t typically see in a Michael’s. Some fun accessories too. Always good to support small business. Southern Pie is in the same little commercial area along with other local small businesses. Worth a look-see.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To clarify on the green trail - the long one bushwhacker traverses the mountain so it feels like you are crossing into the path of fast skiers all the time. Then it dumps into swinger which is very nice for a bit but has decent pitch in the end that would probably be blue in PA. And then we tried the Triple slop which is also generally nice but last weekend had a steepish dropoff on one side and almost a tightly banked S shaped area on the other side - so the choice was either go down the banked area or take on the steepish drop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga