• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stowe, MLK weekend

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Just booked a room up at Stowe for this weekend, skiing Sat-Mon. Anyone else going to be around?

It'll be our first time up there and I'm really looking forward to checking out the mountain!

Sarah

Certified Ski Diva
I too am making the trip up this weekend, I think its a great mountain :D . I'm hoping the conditions will be good for my first time out this year. I always feel like I go back 2 steps in my skiing over the summer so I will probably be the the one floundering around out there :(

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
How'd you handle the cold Sunday and Monday? :smile: The upside was that the mountain was eeeeempty.

I was disappointed that very little of the front four were open -- none of the uppers, and middle and lower and goat only on Saturday. Fun run, though. And now we have an excuse to go back. ;)

I really liked the mountain overall, though.

Sarah

Certified Ski Diva
Judging by your comments I am guessing you are a much better skier than me. At no point during the weekend did I wish Goat was open :fear: :smile:

I didn't think that it was too cold this weekend as there wasn't much wind. Though its a good job I wasn't wearing white otherwise I might have looked like the Michelin man coming down the slopes with the amount of clothes I had on :laugh: Least it kept the crowds away! Well apart from Saturday, that is the worst I have ever seen Stowe by far.

sususkier

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Ladies.

I was at Sugarbush over MLK Weekend. Also a fan of Stowe, but opted for the Bush this time.

Saturday was very busy at Sugarbush as well. Lift lines and slopes weren't terrible, but the lodge was packed and the ticket lines were long.

It sounds like Sugarbush had more of it's expert terrain open. We skied at Lincoln Peak and everything was open, including Castlerock. There were a few rocks and some ice on the natural trails, but we had fun nevertheless.

I thought it was interesting this year that Stowe changed it's trail count from 44 (or 48) to over 100. Clearly a marketing scheme to compete with the big guns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga