• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Skiing/Riding

Jilly

Staff member
It's a different sport! I've never been so black and blue....but I did try it, so.....

I used to snowboard, did it again a couple years ago and still think about doing it again some day. I say give it a whirl, its another way to play in the snow. Rent a board, take a lesson and have a blast.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sure, why not! But just beware the dreaded heel slam. I took a couple of lessons (my SO is a Rider who has learned to tele, so it only seemed fair), but I caught my heel side edge and wacked the back of my helmet so hard I was seeing stars. The next day I couldn't move my neck. There just aren't enough days in an eastern ski season to waste on recovery IMO! :yardsale:

The best advice I was ever given when boarding is you always want to be on an edge, either toe side or heel side. Otherwise if you are coasting along flat on your board and you catch an edge you'll get pile driven into the ground and this is VERY unpleasant.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna