• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

skiing places close to Houston, Texas???

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It seems like my dreams of travelling to the US this winter might be coming true, since my boyfriend is working out of Galveston down in Texas, and we are talking about me coming over to meet him there. But being a ski diva I'm thinking I should at least be trying to get a few days of skiing done while I'm over there... :snow:

So the thing is that I'm flying in and out of Houston, and I was wondering what would be the easiest and cheapest way to go to a skiing resort to try the american snow, and hopefully the powder. So hopefully some of you ladies can help me figure out how to solve this. I will be thankfull for all your help.

Astrid

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
It's a big country. Houston is pretty far south and the climate is warm. You would have to fly either to Denver or Salt Lake for the best skiing. Or Lake Tahoe (heavier snow). Southwest airlines is best for going to Denver. I'm not sure about Salt Lake (Delta?). I think going to Salt Lake City would be best. I'll let the divas who live there help you out better. This is like going across Europe for distance, though!!

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes I know it's quite a distance. But could I really go all the way over the Atlantic and not go skiing???

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yes I know it's quite a distance. But could I really go all the way over the Atlantic and not go skiing???

NO!!!! :smile: You must try our snow!
When do you think you will be coming to the US? The date will make a difference for what would be the best place.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
A lot, lot, lot of people from Texas ski at Crested Butte, so there must be some direct flights into Gunnison, or at least something through Dallas. And I KNOW there are direct flights (on Continental) from Houston to Eagle (Vail) in the winter.

I don't know about Houston to anywhere else but CO, but I would imagine, since Houston is a big hub for American Airlines and Continental Airlines, that there would be some easy flights to some interesting (ski) places.

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll probably will have to be in Houston on March 26th, so I'm thinking about flying in about a week earlier, depending on when I can get tickets due to Easter...

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I'd fly from Houston to Eagle on Continental, given your timing. It's only like an hour or hour and a half flight, and you'd have very easy access to Vail. If Vail for some reason had bad late-season snow, it's a short hop to A-Basin, which has a very late season.

:thumbsup:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And Easter isn't until April 12th next year so you shouldn't be affected by that. I concur, flying into Eagle is probably a good bet.

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
non stops to gunnison are available too, (crested butte)
salt lake city
make sure you check out southwest airlines as well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga