• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ski trip reccomendations 2/28/10

skikoss

Angel Diva
The weather is really being strange. We have gone from snow to rain in the Albany NY area and it looks like southern Vt, is experiencing the same. A few Divas are looking for recommendations for skiing 2/28/10

What would you recommend?

1.) Catskill area ...and if so which resort?
2.) Adirondack resorts ...Gore or Whiteface?
3.) Southern VT ...Bromley, Stratton, Mt Snow?
4.) Other

We are looking for the best conditions with the least crowds :confused:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak about the crowds, because I think all the places you named are going to be busy this weekend. Everyone knows there's been a lot of snow, so people are going to want to get out on their skis! Not that I blame them, of course.

However, regarding conditions: we had over two feet here in VT yesterday, but this morning we had wet snow and now it's turned to rain. The skiing was pretty heavy and wet this morning, but still fun. I don't know how this will play out on the 28th. You might want to check out snowforecast.com. They do a pretty good job with resort specific reports.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried to drive to Gore Thursday AM. Got as far as Exit 23, got caught in a whiteout and turned around. It was all snow from Lake George Village north. Apparently, Gore got a lot of snow from this series of storms.

SnowflakeADK skied Gore Tuesday and said the snow was wet and grabby. Hard to make good turns unless you got up some speed. I suspect that by Sunday, it will be packed down. I heard they finally opened The Rumor headwall. All the glades are also open. Should be good. Sunday is typically less crowded than Saturday.

I'll be there Saturday and post a trip report.

Check out www.skiadk.com for conditions and weather at Gore and Whiteface. You can trust Harvey's reports, some of the others are pretty cynical.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
An update: the snow turned to rain yesterday afternoon and it rained in the night. But now it's snowing again. Hard.

Pick your mountain this weekend. I think it's going to be great!

skikoss

Angel Diva
Thank you all for your advise. My ski partner is still on the fence as to if we will go or where. So I will keep an eye on the web sites you recommended and look for some trip reports. Winter is to short to miss a chance to ski!

Thanks!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I am at Whiteface...we skied yesterday, but only for about 2 hours. Really wet heavy snow. Hard (for me) to ski. Even SO who is a really good skier didn't have fun in it.
My brother has a house about an hour from Windham, and they got about 4 feet this week. The Catskills definitly got more snow than the Adirondacks this week..
We already have passes, so we will probably head out in a little while and give it a go!
As far as this weekend...who knows, we heard there are 18 inches more expected, so getting anywhere might be the problem. We are trying to figure out when we should head home and not get stuck in a mess.

skikoss

Angel Diva
Thanks Mary Tee, that is really helpful! I hope day 2 runs are better!

We are still on the fence, but leaning toward the Catskills, though the possible crowds are scary! :eek: We were thinking Plattekill or Bellayre hoping less crowded then the two bigger resorts, and a few divas had positive comments on Plattekill.

thoughts anyone?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga