• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Ski suggestions

maurerj

Diva in Training
Hi,

I'm a 25 year old, 5'6'', 135lb skier looking to get skis. I have just got back into skiing the last two years, after a 7 year break. I tend to warm up on the blues and easy blacks, and then spend most of the day in the black bowls/glades. I ski mostly in Washington, plus the requisite trips up to Whistler. I'm looking for a ski that won't chatter at speed, as I like going fast, but only when I feel confident in the ski. Skis I'm considering, but am definitely open to others:
- K2 Tough/Lotta Luv
- Rossi phantom
- Nordica Olympia victory

Last year I tried the K2 One luv and Fischer Breeze, and wasn't that impressed with either. I also tried the Fisher addict, and really liked it, but was spending most of the day on new powder and easier runs (small mountain).

Any suggestions? I was hoping to get skis last year, but didn't find one I really liked. I'm going to try to demo them a little this year, but plan on skiing enough that I'd ideally like to get them early in the season. Looking for either used 07/08 or new 09 in the 160-164 length range. Thanks!

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I might look at the rossi scratch girl BC or Dynastar legend powder. The scratch girl BC is a great back bowl, glade ski and the legend pow excels all mountain for all abilities. The tough luv and lotta luv are very heavy, planky skis (IMO) so I opt for something more lively and cooperative.

maurerj

Diva in Training
How is the Dynastar Legend Powder in terms of stability at speed? I was looking at it, but wasn't sure how chatty it would be.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aura, Aura, Aura, and Aura.

It's light and lively, won't chatter at ANY speed except on ice, rips the groomers, busts through the glopiest crud, and floats through the fluff. Unless you're skiing on an ice rink, or planning to race, you won't need anything else.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga