• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski suggestions - Need your help ladies!

LadyLinzee

Diva in Training
So i'm an intermediate skier that's been off the slopes for a little while! Finally hit them again last year but on rentals and have this year decided that it's TIME! So ... i've got my seasons pass ... my jacket and i'm ready to go!

Only thing missing is skis - since I bought my last pair there have been so many changes. I know - I sound like a dummy but this is where you all come in!

Suggestions please! I live in Eastern Canada where there is not a lot of powder and a lot of ice so it needs to be a ski that can carve but is also able to hit the hills and moguls hard with the occasional off-piste jaunt!

Would love any suggestions!

Thanks in advance Divas!!

LL

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have lots of Divas who will give you some great ideas on where to start. It's easier for us though if we know something about your height and weight and what kind of terrain you like to ski.

LadyLinzee

Diva in Training
:smile:

Living in Eatern Canada we don't really have mountains but large hills so it's fairly icey!

Me - i'm 5'6 about 140lbs and i'm looking for a ski that can carve most of the time but also be ready to head of piste in powder without a problem!

Jilly

Staff member
I'm eastern Ontario, so I think I know your conditions.

Rossi - Attraxion 3
Atomic - Cloud 7
Salomon - Topaz

Boots are most important thing you need. Better than eastern Canada, give me a location and I can point to a good shop.

LadyLinzee

Diva in Training
I'm located in Toronto, ON - spend a lot of time at Blue Mountain, JPeak in Vermont and the occasional jaunt to Tremblant! Love some suggestions of shops. Thanks so much! :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
Skiis and Bikes, Sporting Life. Stay far away from Sportchek and Sportsmart!

SkiMave and Barvosarah - any other ideas. (besides the Salomon shop at Tremblant!!)

Snowkat

Diva in Training
Sol / Fuego

Just got a pair of Volkl Fuego's and did owl's head on a normal day last spring and they were great. Was warned they might have too much kick but so far so good. If you're still building up confidence you might prefer the sol's, although I have yet to try them. Either will handle Eastern powder given how rare it is and if you have some extra cash down the road I'd get a second pair of fat skis rather than one pair of mid-fats right now. check out voelkl.com as well as volkl.com for their ski-finding guides.

LadyLinzee

Diva in Training
Thanks so much ladies! I'm headed out next weekend to have a look around! Will let you know what I figure out!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga