• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Quiver Dilemna

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Well, I always believed that one all-mountain ski was enough until I started reading this forum. Now I have 4 pairs of skis that I use - 2 pairs of K2 Lotta Luv (78 underfoot), 1 pair Nordica Conquer (84 underfoot), 1 pair K2 Phat Luv (95).

I ski mainly at Mammoth Mtn. in CA and at the Summit areas of CO. When you have 2 season passes it's hard to justify going anywhere else. Mammoth of course gets "Sierra Cement" rather than the light stuff we get out here in CO.

So I have one pair of Lottas to keep in each location.

But here's my dilemna - both the Conquer and the Phats are decent for powder. I have not yet skied either of them in any powder deeper than 6 inches. Which pair should I leave in CO to ski the light stuff and which pair should I leave in Mammoth to ski the heavy stuff? The Conquers are significanty heavier than the Phats, but the Phats are wider. Which should be better for the heavy snow? Should I have the Phats for Mammoth because they are a better powder ski? Or shall I leave them in CO because they will be pure joy riding through a foot of Colorado light? Does it matter?

Clearly I must not have any real problems if these are the type of issues that keep me up at night. But our next trip will be by plane and I really don't want to bring skis with me, so I want to leave one of the 2 pairs out here. I have another week to decide; maybe we'll get some real powder and I can try them both and figure it out for myself. In the meantime, I'd love to hear some opinions. :snow:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Phats are definitely more of a powder ski. I'd pick the place most likely to get the dumps and leave them there.

The Nordica is decent in powder, but it also has more of an all mountain vibe to it.

Nice quiver!!!

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a Dilemma!

maybe you should just buy a few more pairs :smile:

I think you should get a front side carver as well, you can send me your phat luvs if you think you have too many skis.
See you on the slopes
:jealous:

Jilly

Staff member
I have the Conquer's for eastern all mountain. I'm not sure how they would act in actual powder. (Might let you know in March!!) I'd take the Phat's!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Or, buy my Harts and have a quiver of carvers and powder skis in each place??? :eyebrows::carrot:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I don't think hubby would approve any more ski purchases for me right now. Besides, I want to demo the Auras and from everything I read that may be my next ski. :snow:

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd maybe leave the luvs for the sierra cement - being more on top of the snow would probably help since it's stiffier/stickier. If you've got blower, it doesn't matter how deep you sink. In fact, one school of thought is that if you've got bottomless pow you can ski ANYTHING in it!

Unfortunately I have yet to experience truly bottomless pow. Someday...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna