• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Press World Ski Selector 2008

SnowEssie

Certified Ski Diva
Hi all,

I have only been on the Diva site shortly now so I am not 100 % sure the link is not already on here somewhere. It doesn't come up with search though, I only came across a link to the magazine with that. So in my relentless search for more info on Fischer Fusion Vapor I came across this one! https://www.skipressworld.com/SkiFinder_Intro_W.php?regionId=1&languageId=1&section=skifinder&type=skifinder Ski Press Ski Finder. It shows ski's that rated 75 points or higher on scale 0-100 with all kinds of different build testers. Maybe others can use it too. Of course I mainly looked to see their comments on the Fisher (in my category) since I like the design of it.:wink:

Jilly

Staff member
Ski Press is a Canadian publication that also has a website. You can read the entire magazine on-line too. They have different issues of the magazine depending where you are in the world.
As for their test results, they use ski instructors, ski industry people and contest winners to test their skis. Also skis are tested not only on the groomers in eastern Canada (Mont Ste Anne), they test off-piste at Whistler. I've found their tests to be one of the best for non bias results. I was just able to pick up the test issue yesterday, as it finally arrived at our local shop. (The magazine is free at most ski shops and resorts, but I couldn't find one at Tremblant in english)
So I haven't had time to digest it yet. But I did find that ski finder part on the website kinda neat. You can narrow down a search for skis with it. Don't forget to change up some of the parameters you enter. Go one higher, or lower and see what changes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga