• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Ski Clinics - Any recommendations?

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Over many years I have participated in a few ski instruction weeks. Each was great and improved my skiing. I participated in a Women's only event at Okemo. Their Ski Sprees are great! :thumbsup:
I also did a week out at Snowmass/Aspen called Breakthrough on Skis:https://www.breakthroughonskis.com/Pages/skicourses.html It was an outstanding experience. :clap:
Does anyone have any other experiences that they would recommend?

I just finished my Brighton Women's clinic series, four weeks of a.m. lessons with the same women's instructor and class. I missed the first week, due to business travel, but did attend the last three.

The time was well spent. I did not realize how much of a difference just small adjustments make in how I ski. The last run down was a bump run in spring conditions right under the lift and I felt good---my turns were controlled and it was more fun than usual. My instructor told me that another instructor on the lift was pointing out to his students from the lift, 'see how she keeps her skis together through the bumps'. Beats the heck out of being the example of how NOT to do it.

Now, was it the lessons? yes. Was it the demo Auras I used again today? yes. :eyebrows::eyebrows: :clap:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I participated in Okemo's Women's Alpine Adventures (WAA) both last year and this year for three days each. They also have two and five day versions. While pricey for those of us from lower income states, this is an excellent program for women, no matter what their goals. My group has done a great variety over the three days including skill drills, bumps, jumps, woods, racing, synchronized skiing, videos with critiquing, family fun park, "the box"....... the instruction is excellent, the groups fun, the food fabulous and there are always some extras, like presentation from a bootfitter, balance clinic, fear clinic.... great experience! :ski:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga