• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: ski boot liners

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1. If the liners pack out why don't people just buy new liners, instead of a new boot?
2. Has anyone put a liner from another boot into the current boot, for added confort?

Jilly

Staff member
You can purchase replacement liners, usally by manufacturer. I'm not sure if a Salomon liner would fit in my Rossi's for example. By the time my liners pack out,a buckle or something else is shot too! Time to replace the whole thing.

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yeah you can buy "after market" liners such as intuition ect. or even probably get replacements if the manufactures still make your boot but for most people by the time you pack your liners out your boot technology is old, boot soles are worn down and after market liners are not super cheap so in general its just better to replace the boots.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When we've looked at standard replacment liners from the manufacturer, we've found you can actually buy now-old-stock boots for less than the liner alone. JME.

Even the custom replacement liners tend to run $250 and up.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The reason I asked this question is that even though I like my new boots I find that the liner is thinner than the my previous Nordica boots(the leased one). My foot is held fine with my Salomon, but my ankles and legs are skinny and the Nordica ones hold my legs extremely well. I did not get new Nordica boots because I have high instep in my right foot and the Salomon are better for that. So just for fun I put the Nordica liner in my Salomon boot and they fit great. The size is the same(24 Mondo), but in mn the Nordica are 8mn smaller in shell size.
The Nordica liners are really thick, especially at the legs part. The weird thing is that the Nordica boot are old(probably 8 years old or so) and the liners should have been packed, but they do not feel like they are. I am not sure what to do as the Nordica boots are not mine per se. I am planning on seeing the bootfitter tomorrow. He had talked about padding the top part of the liner, before I even said anything about it. I guess he just knew it would be needed. Of course I could buy the leased boots for $130 too.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've new Dalbello/Intuition liners in my 7 year old Salomon boots. I can probably use a stiffer boot. But, I got the liners because I didn't want to spend a ton of money on boots this season. The liners are only a temporary fix b/c among other things, the tongue for the liners doesn't fold up/wrap the same way the boot tongue does. I seriously cut my fingers up every time I put my boots on to make sure that things are coming together the right way. So, those are my reasons for replacing the liners, along with the trade-off for not buying new boots.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga