• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Shiffrin gets it

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I read this on her twitter feed this morning:

"As many of you know, last summer I made the Maxim Hot 100 list. In the photo, I was wearing my jacket and my Olympic medals from PyeongChang...listed among a group of women wearing bikinis.... It was a conscious decision for me to show that - as a female athlete - you can be recognized for your sporting achievements rather than just your appearance. I'm not really the prettiest girl out there, but I work hard to achieve my dreams. As a woman competing in sports, it can often feel as though you are not recognized by your performance, but rather by your looks; whereas for men, "looks" are not the focus of the conversation. For me, it's a good feeling to look nice, but it's not the focus. I'm one of the fastest out there and I'm proud of my accomplishments in this sport, and that's what I'd like people to recognize. The Maxim Hot 100 was so awesome to me because it made a statement about not objectifying me because of my gender or appearance, but focusing on my accomplishments in skiing."

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This sounds good, but she's referring to her inclusion on a Hot 100 list from a men's magazine that is specifically about looks. She choose to turn it into a skiing thing by choosing the image that was presented but it's still a list that is about appearances.

Jenny

Angel Diva
It is, but if the audience they are trying to attract is at least exposed to her message then that’s all for the good. They wouldn’t see it if she just declined to be included. This assumes, of course, that she got to caption herself with said message.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Huge Shiffrin fan here!!! Not only is she an incomparably talented skier, her messaging is always consistently about hard work, enjoying what you do and respect for all. She is uncommonly thoughtful. I love her!!!!!!

Artis

Certified Ski Diva
Even though she was on a `hot list`, she did not choose to be on there. I feel like this was an awesome way to stand up for women in sports

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna