• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Season end date for Stratton?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When does Stratton usually close for the season? Trying to plan a trip to Boston and Cape Cod, and looking to see if I can make a detour and use that free Stratton lift ticket from the online game.

I didn't see a calendar while briefly poking around their site. I saw on a snow report site that last year they were open til April 7th. Any regulars have insight?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Late season is usually snow-dependent, but most are winding down by mid-April. Stratton annually hosts the snowboarding nationals, I think it's in mid-March, so they will have good snow (made) for that---which helps them along for their late season. How soon in advance do you need to know? Last year was wild, because we wound up with a ton of late season snow - mid-April was actually better than Feb! Do you have definite travel dates yet? I'm sure the southern NE divas will chime in here soon :smile:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Travel dates definitely aren't set in stone, I'm at the point where I'm trying to see what options I'll have ski wise, then hit the schedule to find what works within that, and move from there.

Wish I could make it up to Maine! Maybe next season.

The last 3 seasons, I've noticed that the last 2 weeks of March at Stratton are the US Open Snowboarding Championships and then the Vermont Freestyle Championships, both on the sun bowl side of the mountain. The snow has been great as they get a lot of press and skiers that time of year. I plan to ski Stratton with my DH and 2 of our kids on Monday 3/24 and Tuesday 3/25 -- would love to show you around if you're there on those days!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stratton does have a definite closing date, not sure when, end of april I think. They do set a specific date because they really do have bears that live in the forests and come out of hibernation.

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is from their site...
Spring Fling Weekend
Saturday, April 12th - Sunday, April 13th
Don't miss this exciting fun filled weekend celebrating the end of the ski season with live music, drinks, games and our famous Pond Skim competition. As we unwind from the winter and start thinking about golf, look for a mixing of the seasons in our first annual Snow Golf contest!

Personally I wouldn't bank on this weekend for much skiing. If you plan your trip for March I know you'll have much better snow. VT gets a lot of snow in March usually.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga