• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SAC question?

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you wait to buy, like see if you are finding anything else that day on their site?

I found several things today but didn't want to pay shipping on each item. Just wondered how that works. Do you have to buy each item separately?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, you can't wait to buy. And you shouldn't. NannyMin and I both tried to get our cc in for a pair of sunglasses earlier this week and lost out.

Yeah...and you could wait like FOR MONTHS and NEVER see it again on SAC! DON'T WAIT!!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!! :yahoo:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I think they sell some items in batches/lots. For instance, those Smith Anthem goggles kept coming back, a little cheaper each time: from 38 to 27 to 25. So I don't think they necessarily put up all they've got in stock at one time. It's a real crap-shoot. I missed out on the CW-X tights, and I think those are gone forever :( - and at around $33 for a retail $95 item, no big surprise.

However, if you see stuff to the left of the single item (other stuff) and click on it, you get redirected to Backcountry.com - deals aren't quite as huge but still are good.

But, indeed, if it's on SAC, do the math real quick to see if the single-item S/H makes it worth your $ and move fast. I've missed out at checkout as well.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think they sell some items in batches/lots. For instance, those Smith Anthem goggles kept coming back, a little cheaper each time: from 38 to 27 to 25. So I don't think they necessarily put up all they've got in stock at one time. It's a real crap-shoot.

I don't know what specifically was going on with those goggles, but I did notice that each time they were up, there was a decreasing variety in the selection. The pair that I got at $38 were no longer available when SAC put up the goggles again at $25.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
technically you can wait but its not advised.
For instance, you can put an item in your cart and let it sit there. If the item ends but is not sold out, it will still be in your cart for purchase later when you buy something else.

The big trouble is............
the item will likely be sold out and you'll be SOL.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's what I was wondering SnowHot. :doh: I'm a complete cheapskate and most of the times the shipping will completely turn me off. I mean, I found 6 items yesterday and that would have been something like $45 shipping had I done them seperately. :eek: I'm all about the principle of the thing.

I guess I'll have to take my chances. :redface: I'm just WAY too frugal to pay $45 to ship anything. :duck:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Indeed, SAC is definitely a "how much do you want it" kind of deal. For instance, the Smith Anthem goggles that have turned up multiple times in the last month or so have had decreasing frame/lens options and correspondingly lower prices. At $25, I was ready to eat the s/h of 6.95. I can't get these for less around here.

If you're going for multiple purchases, it probably is better to head to a traditional website, where the higher item(s) price(s) will be offset by one s/h charge - sometimes, at some sites, even free if total is over a certain $ amount (altrec comes to mind). It's all a do-the-math-fast thing.

The one nice thing at least is that they do ship fast and UPS (although choices are offered). I got the ship notice within hours of placing the order.

\ For instance, those Smith Anthem goggles kept coming back, a little cheaper each time: from 38 to 27 to 25.

Those were different goggles at 38.00 (actually 37.25). Those goggles were the limited editions with the crystals. When they went to 27, it was the regular smith anthems.

The 25.00 ones were the less popular colors which they had a TON of in stock.

That was the only difference

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The Anthems wound up fitting DH much better than they fit me! :confused: :noidea: He tried them on, grabbed them, I haven't seen them since, haha. So the "less popular" color of graphite with the high-contrast lens (very necessary out here for flat light) was a steal (and next season's xmas gift to him!). I think the current ones we have are the platinum/flash lens for brighter light. Excellent goggles, he's way happy but crystals probably not a good option for a guy! :laugh:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I picked up an extra pair of the anthems in the graphite with sensor mrr lens if any one is interested.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also a side note:
If you go to www.sacattack.com you can see the amount of the items, and details on how often they show up.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just to cover my cost:
46 +shipping
They are the ones that were 39.38 on SAC plus the shipping so they were 45.94 shipped to me.
A little narrow for the face of the person for whom they were intended, and I won't likely use them because I have the turbo goggles.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Depending on Tsukata's goggles and other deals (in other words if I can manage to skip paying for shipping :cool:) I might be down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga