• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossi Experience 82 basalt vs Rossi Experience 82 ti

mustski

Angel Diva
The Basalt is only available in a “ woman’s” ski whereas the TIs are available in both a women’s and a men’s ski though the only difference is the graphics. The Basalt and TI are 2 completely different skis.

Rossi Experience 82 Basalt W: skied in Taos on soft groomers, off piste with a couple inches of fresh, bumps of varying sizes
Pros: Easy to ski, lightweight, compliant, competent at all turn sizes, predictable and dependable. It didn’t toss me around as much as I expected from such a light ski. It was easy to move edge to edge, but I wouldn’t describe it as agile.
Cons: it lacked the “fun factor” and I’m not sure how it would do in heavy wet snow. It lacked spunk!

Rossi Experience 82 TI: skied at Mammoth in variable spring conditions from morning rutted hardback, to cream cheese, mashed potatoes, through deep sugar, crusty bumps, softened bumps, soft off piste, and deep, wet, heavy Sierra Cement.

Pros: Easy to ski, compliant, dependable, really responsive to any tip pressure, and excellent at all turn sizes but loves short snappy turns. Great rebound at the end of the turn and super quick edge to edge. This is a very agile ski. At one point I caught an edge in a rut and thought I was going down but I pressured the tip of the other ski and it pulled me right back up again!
Cons: heavy enough that they submarined in the deep, heavy, wet snow so I had to move into some firmer bumps for better control. The snow was over my boot and the heavier skis were too hard to turn with the weight of the snow.

Overall, I wasn’t wowed by the Basalt version but really loved them with the added metal. I’m glad I bought them! I won’t take them in deep snow but I wouldn’t normally choose an 82 waist ski for deeper days anyway. They will become my go to for most form snow days from now on.

Anyone want to buy some Stockli Stormrider 85 Ws?

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
The Basalt is only available in a “ woman’s” ski whereas the TIs are available in both a women’s and a men’s ski though the only difference is the graphics. The Basalt and TI are 2 completely different skis.

Rossi Experience 82 Basalt W: skied in Taos on soft groomers, off piste with a couple inches of fresh, bumps of varying sizes
Pros: Easy to ski, lightweight, compliant, competent at all turn sizes, predictable and dependable. It didn’t toss me around as much as I expected from such a light ski. It was easy to move edge to edge, but I wouldn’t describe it as agile.
Cons: it lacked the “fun factor” and I’m not sure how it would do in heavy wet snow. It lacked spunk!

Rossi Experience 82 TI: skied at Mammoth in variable spring conditions from morning rutted hardback, to cream cheese, mashed potatoes, through deep sugar, crusty bumps, softened bumps, soft off piste, and deep, wet, heavy Sierra Cement.

Pros: Easy to ski, compliant, dependable, really responsive to any tip pressure, and excellent at all turn sizes but loves short snappy turns. Great rebound at the end of the turn and super quick edge to edge. This is a very agile ski. At one point I caught an edge in a rut and thought I was going down but I pressured the tip of the other ski and it pulled me right back up again!
Cons: heavy enough that they submarined in the deep, heavy, wet snow so I had to move into some firmer bumps for better control. The snow was over my boot and the heavier skis were too hard to turn with the weight of the snow.

Overall, I wasn’t wowed by the Basalt version but really loved them with the added metal. I’m glad I bought them! I won’t take them in deep snow but I wouldn’t normally choose an 82 waist ski for deeper days anyway. They will become my go to for most form snow days from now on.

Anyone want to buy some Stockli Stormrider 85

Great review.

Those Stocklis are great skis! I really enjoyed the day I skied them at Big Bear.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for the review and Basalt/Ti comparison! If I'd've sold my Stockli Nela 88s as originally planned (I didn't bc of a major change of heart), I'd be interested in your Stormriders. But they're too similar to own both.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Anyone want to buy some Stockli Stormrider 85 Ws?
I still want to try those stockli. :smile:

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a fantastic comparison, very informative. Thank you !

I rented the Experience 86 Basalt last season and was impressed how smoothly and easily it skied. So when I snuck off for a ski day while visiting family in March, I asked the shop if I could try the 82 Basalt. The shop did not have a basalt version and suggested the 82Ti. Being neither a fast nor powerful skier, I was reluctant. In the past I had skis with metal and often felt overpowered. The shop reassured me the 82Ti had received positive reviews from clientele of varying skill levels so I agreed to give it a try.

I had so much fun that day on the firm groomers and even ventured into the crusty bumps. The 82Ti was so lively and easy to control, yet smooth and steady. I must admit my eyes glowed green with envy when you mentioned the amazing deal you scored in Mammoth.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga