• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossi Electra 12 or Xena 10....anyone have them?

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just wondering if anyone has these or have tried them? There is a great sale on both!

Jilly

Staff member
Well today was my first day on the Xena 12. Stiffer boot than my 4 year old Saphir STS's. I find the toe box bigger than the STS and higher on the ankles too. Saturday I'm going to try some remedies I brought with me. Haven't tried the Electra's, as my next choice was the Salomon Instincts (9's)

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How did you find the Saphirs Jilly? My boots that I'm using now are more of a beginner boot from about 12 years ago....(pretty sure they are Salomon Evolution 4 or something) so I'm scared that if I go too stiff I'll just be riding with them.... any suggestions?

Jilly

Staff member
Xena replaced the Saphir's Take a look at the Xena 8. The Electra is a group below race, but above recreational.

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They had an old pair of Saphirs for sale too, which is why I ask...I think they were in the $100 range...

Jilly

Staff member
Took my Saphir's out today to really see the difference in these two boots. The Xena don't wrap my foot like the Saphirs. There seems to be too much space verically. Side to side is OK. So I'm going to try my orthotics tomorrow. I have a wedge in toe area of them that does something to my toes. My feet are killing me right now. Those old boots to have to go!!

Jilly

Staff member
My Orthotics are from Bioped. They have labs everywhere. About$400/pair. Maybe covered by insurance. Also I've tried conformtabs that most ski shop do. I found them hard and cold, but that was 15 years ago. Hubby's new ones look warmer.

Jilly

Staff member
Did some research on the Rossi line of boots. Xena is the recreactional boots, but go to high end. Electra is the high performance, or recreational racing boot. Hope that helps.

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Perfect, Jilly, thanks! I was going to go with the Electra, but I'm glad I didn't now....because I don't race! And the Xena...the highest I could get in my size is 6....that's not very high.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Perfect, Jilly, thanks! I was going to go with the Electra, but I'm glad I didn't now....because I don't race! And the Xena...the highest I could get in my size is 6....that's not very high.

No expert here by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I'm getting the idea this season that you don't have to race to wear "race-y" boots, Haylmom!

And Jilly mentioned Lange -- for what it's worth, I'm mighty happy with mine! (Exclusive 100) I've worn them four outings now, a few hours at a time (DH is crapping out earlier and earlier!) and every trip, I'm happier with them!

Kano

Jilly

Staff member
I'm thinking that the fit is similar. I went from Lange to Rossi. SkiMave has a really pretty pair of Salomon Origins that she just loves. Everybody's feet are different, so its what fits.

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm having a horrible time trying to find boots (well, that I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for!) The big problem is that there aren't many sizes or boots left around here. Two ski shops only here (plus of course Sport Chek which I am not willing to try out because they have a bunch of crap anyway). The other problem, I'd LOVE to try out Lange or Nordica but no one sells them here so I couldn't even try them on for sizing! I can order from Ebay (especially if I find a boot I like) but I just have never even tried one on so I dont know if I'd get a good fit or not...kind of risky.

Every boot I've tried on (with the exception of 1 out of 10 pairs) has been a 25.5 so its sorta safe to assume that with Rossi's and Salomons (only tried one atomic...M8) I'[d be good with that size.

What does a girl have to do to get a good pair of boots around here!!?? lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga