• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Retro Warren Miller!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw my first ski film of the season last night. Warren Miller's 1981 Ski in the Sun! The WM folks are doing weekly showings of various old films at West End Tavern in Boulder until the Boulder opening of this year's. What a blast! What was really funny is that so many people there weren't alive when it was shot. They were fascinated by the gear and style.

Next up Many Moods of Skiing 1961...

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Old WM films are da bomb! :smile: Hope they show 2 of my mid-80's favorites, "Ski Time" and "SnoWonder" - still have those floating around on vhs...somewhere....pure Warren humor. I think ST was the very, very start of:

"Want your ski?
GO GET IT!"

5 minutes of hilarity.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Time is on the schedule for 9/22/10. SnoWonder is not on the schedule.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hope you can catch it. ST arguably my all-time favorite. Enjoy! One of the funniest of his films, overall.

Jilly

Staff member
MSL - I think that's the one I saw in Ottawa, with Warren doing the commentary live.

I love the old stuff too.

Haven't seen anything about any movies yet this year. But what a neat idea!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MSL - I think that's the one I saw in Ottawa, with Warren doing the commentary live.

I love the old stuff too.

Haven't seen anything about any movies yet this year. But what a neat idea!
Well, we're lucky that WM Entertainment is based here so we get a bit spoiled by them. There were lots of giveaways last night. I only one a stupid Corona t-shirt (which was promptly dropped off at the evacuee shelter/resource center for the fires) today but I'm hoping for a better giveaway in coming weeks.

Jilly

Staff member
Not sure which film, but another I liked:
WM is describing a road trip with a car. "It's 4 on the floor and 5 on the roof, just to confuse the theives." The scene panned from the car to the roof rack with 5 skis, all the same brand, on the roof.

All his movies are classics with one liners like that.

marta

Angel Diva
I just saw 1961's Many Moods of Skiing on The ski channel on TV. Some favorite resorts were very much "new" when he filmed. We laughed when he made comments about people wearing older gear than what's current for then. And lots of funny ski instruction tips. Great segment on bobsledding in Lake Placid too!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I am (half) watching "Ski ala Carte", from 1978...fascinating. I only started skiing in about 2007, so this is well before my time! There are a bunch of WM movies available on Plex at the moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna