• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Randonee Bindings

Sassy

Diva in Training
I'm kind of interested in Randonee skis/bindings but not for any kind of serious multi-day touring. I mainly want some kind of system that's more versatile. One of the places I was staying at is about a 1-mile from the lodge to the slopes. You can get to the mountain along a system of groomed trails used by snowshoers and XC skiers. It has some low-grade rolling hills, but you really have to walk your Alpine skis over. I may be a bit of a wuss but lugging those things 1-mile each way was not fun. I've been looking into getting Randonee bindings in order to ski over to do my downhill. I would also probably like to start venturing a bit out-of-bounds, too, when the trails starting getting crowded.

At one of the ski shops the guy there told me that it would be fine to mount the randonee binding on my all-mountain ski and use the boots I've got. Any thoughts on this?

Again, I'm not looking to do any serious multi-day touring. Just want a little bit of versatility.

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Duke binding by Marker is an Alpine Touring binding that is intended to be used 80% resort and 20% back/side country. That may be a good option for you.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Duke binding by Marker is an Alpine Touring binding that is intended to be used 80% resort and 20% back/side country. That may be a good option for you.

There's also the Marker Baron binding, the little brother to the Duke. Duke's have a max DIN of 16, while the Baron has a max DIN of 12.

The Baron is also a bit lighter in weight, and less expensive. If you don't need the high DIN of the Duke, go with the Baron. I just picked up a pair of Barons from REI.com for a great price.

SwissMiss

Diva in Training
I really like my Fritschis...very light and easy to use. It's also nice to know that if you do decide to get into touring, they will work great for that too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga