• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question about late spring skiing in 2011?

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Girls, I know some of you can help. We're looking to have a surprise 40th birthday for my brother. The dates would be March 25-April 4th or around that time. We're looking for something other than Colorado as that is where he lives.

We were thinking Whistler but I heard once things warm up they're melting quickly. What about Montana? What about Revelstoke? We're up for pretty much anything in North America. :smile:

Please help me out. :pray

abc

Banned
What about Montana? What about Revelstoke? We're up for pretty much anything in North America. :smile:
I would think both would be great!

Additional potential candidates:

Tahoe? That's the time frame when the Sierra gets their mega-dumps!

Or Snowbird right next door. But would that be too much of a "meh" though?

I think Banff is fantastic for spring skiing. It'll be warmer than in deep winter, making it actually "normal" temperature for us sissy non-Canadians...

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooooh! Thanks! :D

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! Banff is a great idea for that time of year. And your lift ticket will also be good for Sunshine, which should still have plenty of good skiing then.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Mammoth? They just rolled right through July 4th weekend this year. Pretty solid that "early" in the season. Actually, it's prime time in lots of locations. Nice time of year at Tahoe region as well. With many, many party options! :wink:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome! Thanks. :D We've definitely got some research to do. :smile:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we're going to go for Tahoe or Banff. We've always wanted to see the northern friend's ski areas and they've already done Tahoe. Although we REALLY wanted to try Big Sky. :drool

bouldergirl

Certified Ski Diva
You'll find that most of the Alberta/BC rockies ski areas are still open well into May, and have great snow almost until they close (better than Colorado). Near Banff, Lake Louise and Sunshine are the best big hills, and you have the advantage of staying in the town of Banff (think good food, shopping, hot springs) or the city of Calgary (pretty much whatever you want). If you want a quieter, more resort-like environment, consider Big White, near Kelowna, BC. It's a great mountain too, but aside from the ski village, it's pretty remote. Don't try Kickinghorse (in Golden, BC) at that time of year--it's at a lower elevation and looses its snow pretty fast. Have fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga