• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Quebec City

Happy Feet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is a week late, but we had a wonderful pre-Chirstmas trip to Quebec City for the sole purpose of skiing Mt. St. Anne and Le Massif. Both mountains had fresh powder dumps, and we skied on fresh snow each day. And it was the best 3 back to back to back days we have had in ages. Where the snow was groomed it was QUIET, and we found mogul runs through trees and glades that made us just laugh and go right back up and do it again.

For those who ski the east or are looking for a European atmosphere for vacation, Quebec City and these resorts are great. We stay in the City and drive out: 1/2 hour to St Anne and an hour to Massif. But there is slope side lodging and dining at St Anne. Both areas have good day lodges, although the ticket windows are a bit of a hike. We found the mountain guides at Massif very helpful, more so than those at St Anne.

We were going to stay one more day and go cross country skiing at St Anne, but the weather changed and we came home instead. These trails have an excellent reputation, and we were disappointed to miss them.

Both areas have long runs for the Northeast. The day at St Anne we stayed in gondola due to high winds. A round trip was a half hour - but there were NO lift lines. The same half hour round trips at Massif. The trails at Massif follow the contours of the mountains, and the views of the St Lawrence are photo opportunities. We would stop and watch the ships sailing out to the Atlantic. Not like our local ski areas at all.

If you would like any information on specific trails we skied, or Quebec City drop me an e-mail. We are blue cruiser / glades / ungroomed to black cruiser skiers. :snow:

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm near Montreal for the holidays, visiting family.

Yup, there sure is a lot of snow here! In fact, it's snowing pretty hard right now.
We skied a couple of days ago, and conditions were fantastic - fresh powder over packed powder, and for a nice change, it wasn't even that cold!

Ski resorts here in Quebec are having the best early season in recent memory.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went on a ski vacation to Quebec City several years ago and loved it. We stayed closer to Mt. Saint Anne resort, but did spend a day exploring Quebec City and the Isle d'Orleans.

We only skied Mont Saint Anne, but liked it there quite a bit. They had a lot of fun trails, and what I referred to as "training glades" where a really narrow path was groomed through a treed area. I spend a whole afternoon just zipping through there. I also remember a nice blue cruiser - Pichard. (plus there was a sugar shack halfway down where you could get fresh maple candy - yum!)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga