• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Quad tic

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All last week my left quad kept twitching. Twitch. Twitch. Twitch. It drove me nuts. It finally stopped - and now my RIGHT quad is doing it! I've been working legs consistently for the last 4 weeks and have finally felt like my workouts have been back to mostly normal since I had knee surgery a few months ago. But what's with this twitching? Anyone have any ideas?

snowbunny1976

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's your muscles having a mind of their own, and wanting you to let go of control and just kick your BF!

LOL!

Seriously though, I have no idea. I get that sometimes in my legs too, but I've never paid it any mind. I'd be curious if someone had any insight.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's your muscles having a mind of their own, and wanting you to let go of control and just kick your BF!

I was thinking along those lines, too. I've heard that twitches are from overtired muscles that want to be in the non-flexed position, and that potassium (bananas) can help with muscle spasmy things like this.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
This is a symptom of overuse. Will research it further and consult with DS, a personal fitness trainer. Be careful - might be your body telling you to dial it down a notch.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was thinking along those lines, too. I've heard that twitches are from overtired muscles that want to be in the non-flexed position, and that potassium (bananas) can help with muscle spasmy things like this.

My mum the nurse has always told me to eat bananas when I get the twitches -- potassium.

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What the others have said has been true for me. During the summer mainly, or when I up my running mileage my legs do not stop twitching at night for months. Overuse/training can definintely do it, but it may be something totally different for you..who knows...the body is a complex thing. It is annoying though, hope it subsides soon!

-veggielasagna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga