• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Poll: How do your legs & feet feel riding chairlifts without footrests?

abc

Banned
Interesting thread.

Footrest:

I don't care one way or the other. I use them if they're there. Deosn't bother me. Not missing them when there's none either. I think if you boots fit right, the weight of the ski is negligable. But when you have boots that don't fit well, whatever hot spot got worse while hanging the weight of the ski on it.

Safety bar:

I don't particularly see the need. BUT...

- I have a friend who love skiing but is afraid of height. Well, lowering the bar helps a lot.
- When, for any reason, they stop the chair. Now it starts to swing back and forth. Not very comfortable. Having a bar helps, again.
- High wind. Need I say more?

Bars with big, heavy footrests:

If I'm riding it alone, I dont' lower it. Too heavy. But if there're others and they want it down, they can do it and I'll even help.

There's some really heated arguements over on the UK skiing board snowhead.com. Appearently, most Europeans are accostomed to using the bars. They're baffled why we in the US don't and make such a big deal insisting NOT using them.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Before I got my new boots, I had serious issues on lifts without footrests (which are almost always the lifts that take the absolute longest to get up the hill). I actually had an attack of exertional compartment syndrome (this is the medical condition that sidelined my inline skating) riding a 2 seater lift in Breck with no footrest. Since I've had my new boots that have 12 hours of Jeff Bergeron's custom work in them to fix all of my horrific alignment issues, I have not had any problems not using a footrest. In Feb. we went to Sunshine Village outside of Banff where I don't think there is a footrest to be found. Luckily, I had no issues. Now, all that being said, I use footrests whenever possible because I'm still nervous about a potential attack. We do always ask when riding with others on a lift and are always surprised at how few people would put them down without our request.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna