• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pole material?

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last weekend I took a digger in thigh deep powder and bent my pole - life is so tough:wink: So now I need new poles, and I was wondering if anyone has preferences or advice on pole material. The ones that I bent were aluminum so I'm looking to upgrade to avoid future bending. I thought that I would upgrade to graphite poles but I'm having a really hard time finding them. Does anyone have thoughts on the composite, carbon, and fiberglass poles? How do these compare to graphite in terms of durability?

Jilly

Staff member
I have carbon fiber. I like the light weight or swing weight. As for durability, the last pair were 4 years old and someone thought they were still in good shape - stolen. Hubby has his over 10 year old ones stolen last month. I understand the jibbers like them. Mine were short and they spring better for them. I broke my lock on Saturday, so on Sunday I made DH lock my poles with his stuff. I don't care about a pair of 4 years skis - don't steal my poles again.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Goode carbon or composite all the way. Mine are still in excellent shape after 20+ years of use.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seconding the Goode ski poles!

I have a pair of the G-max. https://www.goode.com/skipolemodel2.html#G-MAX

I've had these poles for... six years now? I go through skis and boots faster than I do poles! :laugh:

These poles have been through everything, and don't bend. It can be hard to find them in the shop sometimes.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Another Goode vote - Goodes are good. :smile: But, like Jilly, DH got his swiped at Sunday River last March :mad2: - probably 10 years old minimum, not the point. So apparently they're somewhat of a hot commodity - heads up. Or---don't bring them to the east! We are mindful of where we bring ours now, have back-up crummy, cheap aluminum for the, shall we say, more theft-prone resorts...

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fortunately theft doesn't seem to be as much an issue here. Could be because they're made right here in Michigan and are therefore readily available.

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love my Goode G-Max...going strong after a year. Actually gave Mr. VL a pair for Christmas as well, and he likes them too. They're pretty reasonable price wise for a composite I think.

-veggielasagna

Jilly

Staff member
I couldn't get my size to replace them, so they're "ODE" poles. We had to cut that much off.

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks so much for the help ladies! I just ordered a pair of Goode composite poles from Level Nine Sports for only $27.:clap:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga