• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

OTC sole insert (arch issue)

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I bought my boots I took the soles the boots came with(they were very flat) and put the soles from my previous boots. In my previous boots I had the brand SOLE, that can be heated. I did not put them in the right boots(in my previous boots) because they raise my instep and hurt my instep. No problems with the left foot. So I just used the soles the boots came with. Those soles had a slight arch to them. When I switched boots my right foot started hurting at the arch. Too much support because I was fine with little support from the previous boots. I went back to the bootfitter and he heated them twice to lower(soften) the arch, but now my right arch has gotten sensitive, even with my regular shoes. I am thinking about "stealing" the sole from my previous boot and putting in my new boot. I tried superfeet and I am not sure if that would work, maybe the blue ones. If you have read the long story, has anyone put OTC soles in their ski boots like DR. sholls or something similar?

Anne

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
why do you need the insoles if they bother your feet? leave the stock insoles in if that is what makes your foot most comfortable.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do want some support, just not much. Today I put my old soles in my new boots and they felt pretty good.

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was using the Sole X insoles - I found that they didn't stay where they belonged (the left foot shifted forward on me while skiing, bunching a bit under the toes) - it wasn't by much, but enough to throw off my skiing, and leave me with a bruised nail-bed :Cry:..(I posted under the existing thread "Ouch my toes!!!!" in "Miscellaneous Discussions" to ask if anyone else had had this problem...)

I found this site a while back - https://www.footsmart.com/C-Foot-Arch-Inserts-16.aspx - that has a good range of OTC footbeds & arch supports - think I would be careful to make sure whatever I got for skiing was going to stay solidly in place in the boot from now on though...

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
DH is currently using Superfeet green in his ski boots, which was slightly modified for cant and arch by physical therapist. Physical therapist is major big fan of the "green" version of Superfeet, even for fallen/low arches/pronated. FWIW. Your mileage may vary??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga