• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

one more trip out west this year?

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze one more trip out west this year. a very short trip monday thru friday april 19-23. any suggestions to get a deal with travel, accomodations, and a 4x4 rental car? and of course, does anyone want to go????!!!???

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Choose carefully with your dates. Many areas close regardless of snow because of agreements they have with the government/forest service. Make sure you are headed where something is open before you jump at a plane ticket.

Hope you have a great trip!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Can't go but suggest Utah>Snowbird. Easy trip to SLC, Delta is their hub, among others. Tons of SLC hotels, very competitive rates, easy drive even from downtown to LCC>Snowbird. Possibly not even requiring 4wd. (If snowing hard, park at base of canyon, take UTA bus up.) Not sure about packages, check airline sites.

Mitch09

Certified Ski Diva
Whistler-Blackcomb is a great choice! That is the week of the Telus Ski and Snowboard Festival too so lots of extra stuff happening in the Village everyday. My partner and I are going to be up there April 19-25 and we have rented a studio suite (with full kitchen) for $85 cdn per night - great deal for Whistler accommodations! Transportation from YVR Vancouver is simple too! Check out the website as there may be other deals with lift tickets too. Good luck choosing!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mammoth in CA might be a little trickier to get to but I've heard they are running deals during that time, $99 for a room and a lift ticket. They are higher in elevation and are routinely open through the end of May. They've had more snow than Utah this year, with the odd split jet stream. Current base is 9-13.5 feet.

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I second WB! it's pretty easy to fly to YVR from anywhere and we still have tons of snow. The WSSF is pretty cool too, lots going on in the village, free concerts etc...

Mammoth is more accessible these days too, you can fly into Mammoth airport from the big hubs (Chicago, Houston, etc) not sure if there are flights from FL....

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thank you all, Canada can't happen this year :( maybe next!! never thought mammoth would be that easily accessible or affordable (shouldn't have known better-my nutritionist who lives in tahoe city, goes to mammoth several times a season for a week at a time). anyone else thinking mothers day at a-basin, even without children? i'm adoptable:smile: but much older

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just an FYI, Snowbird will be the only resort in Utah open after April 18 this year.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Actually, Alta announced today that it will be re-open for a final weekend, April 23-25, with $49 lift tickets. Open daily until April 18.

6" of new snow so far today. Storm total could be 12-15 before it ends tonight. :

Leaving for SLC on April 7. Can't wait!

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, Alta announced today that it will be re-open for a final weekend, April 23-25, with $49 lift tickets. Open daily until April 18.

This is true .... but FloridaKeys said that the trip would be 4/19-23 so I didn't want to get her hopes up :fear:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just an FYI, Snowbird will be the only resort in Utah open after April 18 this year.

This is true .... but FloridaKeys said that the trip would be 4/19-23 so I didn't want to get her hopes up :fear:

Point. I mixed up FLKskibum's dates with Jenny's dates.

I also noticed that Alta has $49 lift tickets April 5-16 for anyone with a season pass from anywhere. Works perfectly for the timing of my trip. Just need to remember to bring my Massanutten pass. :thumbsup:

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks for the update, I was looking at a weekday trip, but could change to a weekend trip. I have to run in our annual 7 mile bridge run april 17th, then a softball tourney that weekend as well. something to think about...

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
HI..
How about going to Mammoth Mtn., weekend of the 17th/18th?
A bunch of Divas are getting together for a couple days to ski while the snow's still great!
Check it out in the forum that talks about meeting, etc..
Just a suggestion!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga