• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: OMG, Aura Sale

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just randomly googled the 2009 Volkl Aura as I do several times a week to see if there are any new deals.

Today, there are. $482.99 shipped.

:decision:

I want these skis, and I'm determined to get a pair of the 09s. I was planning on waiting until the end of the season, when I had some money saved and could find a good deal.

So my question is this: Do you think I will find a deal similar to this later on?

Should I charge these to a CC and pay it off over the next couple months, or wait patiently like I told myself I would do?

P.S. If it matters, I have not skied them, bud doubt that I will get the chance to. Not a lot of places around here demo, and I don't think many will have the Aura available to try. But I've heard far too many good things about them to not trust that they'll be fab.

Help? :confused:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I paid over $400 for mine, used! Buy them. Buy them NOW!!!!

So my question is this: Do you think I will find a deal similar to this later on?

Should I charge these to a CC and pay it off over the next couple months, or wait patiently like I told myself I would do?

I do not think you will find a similar deal and probably you won't be able to find them at all later in the season as they will be sold out. I demoed the Aura in mid-February '08 and had to scour the internet and local shops for a pair, finally found them on sale for $519 plus $20 shipping and that was a good deal.

Yes, charge it on a credit card and pay it off, especially if you can transfer to a low interest card.

However, that said, remember that on the East Coast, this will be a ski that you will use sometimes as it's happiest in softer, deeper snow. Not that it doesn't ski very well on the groomed, but I do not consider it to be a 1-ski quiver for East Coast conditions. On the other hand, these skis will last a long time as long as you get them in the right length for now and for years ahead.

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOL volklgirl! I knew I could count on you to reply asap. :smile:

I do not think you will find a similar deal and probably you won't be able to find them at all later in the season as they will be sold out. I demoed the Aura in mid-February '08 and had to scour the internet and local shops for a pair, finally found them on sale for $519 plus $20 shipping and that was a good deal.

Wow, really? That scares me. Now that you mention it, I have already noticed some online shops sold out of certain sizes. Hmm.

However, that said, remember that on the East Coast, this will be a ski that you will use sometimes as it's happiest in softer, deeper snow. Not that it doesn't ski very well on the groomed, but I do not consider it to be a 1-ski quiver for East Coast conditions. On the other hand, these skis will last a long time as long as you get them in the right length for now and for years ahead.

Thanks for this insight, I always appreciate the level-headed advice. I was concerned about this myself, wondering how much I would get out on them at my local mountain. And it's true; the answer is: probably not much. But I've been convinced that I'll WANT to use them as often as I can, so that's encouraging. And I'm sure I'll be on them during the 1-2 ski trips we take per year to bigger mountains.

Anyway, thanks guys. DH is hesitant but I think I got him, hehe. :eyebrows:

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, I'm ordering them. I just found a coupon code for an additional 10% off. I can get the Auras and Z10 TI bindings shipped for $540. I can't pass this up.

Oh, and :yahoo::becky::clap::bounce::thumbsup::love::beer:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, mine were 800 with bindings.

sheeha35

Certified Ski Diva
Okay, I'm ordering them. I just found a coupon code for an additional 10% off. I can get the Auras and Z10 TI bindings shipped for $540. I can't pass this up.

Where??????????????

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Great deal! I just skied by Auras on Saturday at Stratton in powder/packed powder conditions and they were perfect. They rip in soft snow, and for the icy/packed spots, they gripped well. Even if you don't use them that much, the fun factor/speed/energy these skis have makes them a worthy purchase.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is amazing ... I bought mine Dec 07 for $359, new (previous year's stock). I just beat the "rush" on these things. I felt pretty guilty when I bought them (I was buying myself stuff during Xmas shopping times), but NOT ANYMORE!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahhhhhhhhh... my bank account is safe... for the time-being. :wink:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga