• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

nose warmer/nose pinch

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was suggested here on this very forum that I consider getting nose warmers for our trip to Tremblant... great idea, and I found the "Nose Wizard" nose warmer online at Snow Sport Deals for $5.95. Problem is, when I added 4 to the cart and went to check out, the cheapest shipping option they are giving me is nearly $14 for priority mail. Considering 4 of these would likely fit into an envelope, I am having trouble justifying paying what amounts to nearly 60% of the original purchase price for shipping!:mad::mad2:

Anyone seen these at a mountain somewhere? Or some other online store? Our local shops don't carry them that I have seen...

Thanks!

altagirl

Staff member
Yeah - I bought one at a shop before but it was probably at least $10. When my husband wanted one - I just went to the store, bought a piece of black fleece, a strip of velcro and made several. You can see the shape from the pictures online and cut it to the right size so it covers your cheeks and nose with a bit of trial and error. And then I just bought a velcro strip (just the sticky side) - and cut little maybe 1/4" long x 1" wide strips and stuck them on along the top edge. Voila. You could probably make 20 of them for the cost they are charging for shipping.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A nose warmer!? I've seen it all now..

AAAADOHYB9IAAAAAACq5fg.jpg

(that's not me, by the way)

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After Altagirl suggested I make handmade nose warmers that look like the "Nose Wizrd", I checked out etsy.com to see if someone else had made them...

I found something just like what you found, except animal themed (pig noses, cat, mouse, bear, etc). Not what I had in mind for my kids!

:fear:

mwendell

Certified Ski Diva
A nose warmer!? I've seen it all now..

AAAADOHYB9IAAAAAACq5fg.jpg

(that's not me, by the way)

:laugh:
I saw them for sale at Equipe Sports at Stratton when I was getting my boots adjusted. Never would have thought twice, but recalled reading about them on the forums. Don't recall the price.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wizard Nose Warmers are at Performance Ski Shop at Killington, VT. I just ordered two, $10 each plus $2 total shipping.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
They also sell them at the ski shop at Okemo, both at the main base and at Jackson Gore. I think they're around $6., but I'm not sure.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The NozeWarmer certainly looks like it would do the trick, tho' it would make one look a bit like a cartoon character...... It might be fun to draw something on it and make up a story--"Yeah, I got mauled when I was rescuing a baby from a Grizzly."

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
Wait for a cold day, then go to lost and found and ask if anyone turned in a black nose warmer? Clown noses work well too.

AliceH

<span style="color:#F89F07";">Angel Diva</span>
I did a search for them on Amazon, the fifth item that came up was a Brazilian waxing kit. :noidea:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Product I found

Check out www.nozewarmer.com This might just be what you are looking for. Free shipping too!!!:thumbsup:
Cuuuute! I want one! Long ago I had goggles that (I think) came with a nose guard. I thought it was intended to protect one's nose from the sun, but when I wore it my nose was a little less frigid than it would have been otherwise. Of course I quickly lost it, so I can't tell you what it was made of!

judyskis

Certified Ski Diva
I cannot believe this is really a product! I've been waiting my whole life for this! (but it will ruin my goggle tan…)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna