• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica Olympia Conquer

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like I've been on a bit of a roll lately with the Nordicas. What can I say -- Nordica had a demo tent at my local hill both last week and today. Last time I tried the Firefox; this time: the Conquer!!!!

2071757577_1c239eba2f.jpg

Again, I'm an advanced skier, 5'1", 110 lbs.

Specs: Tried the 154 (126-84-110)

Conditions today were, in a word, awful. Death cookies, ice, and crud.

Did it bother the ski??? Not at all. This is one powerhouse. Even with an 84 mm waist, it handled the ice and death cookies like a, well, like a conqueror. Busted through everything, yet was able to get on edge like a champ. Grippy, smooth, and stable, better in longer and medium turns than short. A very fun ski. If you want a ski that can dominate the hill, this would be an excellent choice.

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
Glad you had fun! (despite the conditions)
How do you think these compare to the Victory? I loved the Victory when I demoed it, but didn't have time to demo the Conquer as well. I know the Conquer is wider underfoot, which makes me interested in it for our conditions here out West. Have you now tested both? Has anyone else? I'd love a comparison of both.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everything S.D. said, ditto for me. This ski was a real surprise--didn't know much about it & tried it on a whim. I'm still amazed at how it skied in the bad stuff. The chunked-up bullet-proof death cookies simply ceased to exist and I could trust the ski to do its job, which it did admirably. It held a solid edge, wasn't bothered by speed, demonstrated versatility in turn shape, was quite nimble in rapid edge changes, and was forgiving. If I were in the market for a ski like this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.:thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiDiva!
I told ya So!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga