• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New boots or status quo?

LindsaySkiGal

Certified Ski Diva
So i've been debating on whether or not to get new boots. I've only been on my current boots about 50 days and they have never hurt, however, I bought them when I was learning how to ski so it's a low end boot and probably a size too big. I'm starting to dabble in nastar/racing/bumps and I would hate to end up with something that hurts my feet, but at the same time, I don't want my current boot to hold me back. Will a newer boot help my performance or should I just hold onto my money? There doesn't seem to be any master bootfitters in the Pittsburgh area according to www.bootfitters.com. I guess I need an enabler...

Jilly

Staff member
What is your present boot, make and model? And size of boot - mondo point and your regular shoe size? Then we can enable you!!

LindsaySkiGal

Certified Ski Diva
My current boot is a salomon irony 5 (purchased two winters ago) (flex rating 55) mondo 24.5. A bootfitter in CO told me a 23.5 would be better (head model since I have wide but not long feet).

My current shoe size ranges from a 7.5 - 8

Is it worth it? If so enable me!! :eyebrows:

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My current boot is a salomon irony 5 (purchased two winters ago) (flex rating 55) mondo 24.5. A bootfitter in CO told me a 23.5 would be better (head model since I have wide but not long feet).

My current shoe size ranges from a 7.5 - 8

Is it worth it? If so enable me!! :eyebrows:

All I can tell you is that I wear shoe size 8.5-8 and I just picked up a new pair of boots in 24.0 to replace my old 26s! I couldn't quite believe the advice of the ladies here till I tried some way smaller boots on myself! :laugh: If you do end up going with new boots, I can also suggest Nordicas for wider feet. I ended up in a pair of Nordica Olympia Sport 12s (flex rating 65-75 adjustable). But I did try on a pair of Heads, and they definitely fit wider feet as well, they just happened to pinch my calves :(.

Jilly

Staff member
The irony 5 is definately the low end boot. The flex might be too soft to even think about beginning to race. The difference in the sizes of boots could just be the manufacturer's molds. Yes a stiffer boot would help performance, so you might start looking.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna