• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Boot issues

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Ok ladies I just got some new boots, spent hours with the bootfitter and just tried them out for the first time today. I noticed that unlike my other boots I seem to fight these. Its a hard feeling to describe but I can't seem to get my weight over them correctly, my stance feels funny, as if i'm too far forward and then too far back or something. I still hit every run regardless but I fought through every one of them. Overexagerrated movements to get them to turn etc. My thighs burned and my knees felt like they'd been overworked. I haven't experienced this with any other boot i've ever had. I wish I could give a more technical explanation of what's going on but I don't know myself. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll add the disclaimer now that I'm by no means an expert. I'm just drawing from personal experience.

Is the forward lean in your new boots more aggressive than in your previous? I had a very similar experience in my last boots. The boots pushed my knees so much further forward that I used my butt to counterbalance back. I could only ski a dozen or so turns and I'd have to stop because my quads were burning out so badly. I also ended up w/ some wicked calf cramping. ouch. I believe I've also read (will researching my own ills) that changing the boot/binding ramp angle can cause issues like this (??) Anyway, with those boots I, like you, could never find a "balanced" zone. When I was buckled in...all I wanted to do was stand UP! Oh so frustrating since I worked so hard on, and had finally found "balance".

Also, do your boots have a removable spoiler in the back. If it does, take it out and see if it helps. I'm sure some of the much more knowledgable Divas will post their thoughts, but it seems to me that you'll have to revisit the bootfitter. :smile: What boots do you have? Maybe someone knows the boots and will understand the particulars of that boots design. Good luck!

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi my first thought was ..... did they put a heel lift in?

I wasted a beautiful day at Vail once by trying a heel lift.
I spent the whole morning fighting the "my stance feels funny, as if i'm too far forward and then too far back or something." feeling.
calf mashers might do it too. or the forward lean thing.

Good luck

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of the above, or the combined ramp angle of the new boots and your bindings.

Did you get balanced and aligned during your boot fitting?

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yes! sounds like you are definately are fighting a balance issue. Look up your closest biostance dealer and head in to get your stance balanced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga