• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

N. Conway boot fitter?

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My boots need tweaking. My poor toe on my wide left foot is trying to push out of the boot tip - boot is winning - ouch! I am headed up tomorrow or Monday to ski at Wildcat for the week, and staying just outside N. Conway center. Can anyone recommend a good boot fitter in the area? It's a fairly simple adjustment/stretch, but would like someone reliable so it's done correctly!
(Just returned from Mount Snow - beautiful corn, not too slushy, partly cloudy and sunny skies. Mmmm.)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I don't know from personal experience, but I have heard that Jack Frost Ski Shop in Jackson (north of N Conway) is supposed to be excellent. There are others in North Conway, but names escape me at the moment, sorry :redface: - if you can get to Jackson, I'm sure JF will do a good job.

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, MSL. You came through yet again.:smile: Jackson is kind of on the way to Wildcat, and Jack Frost is a very good shop. I had forgotten about it. There is also a Joe Jones. I didn't know if someone had a specific person to use. Since I need a pretty simple adjustment/stretch, it should go ok, but recommendations are a little safer!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Some info from the internet:

Jack Frost is certified by America's Best Bootfitters (ABB). Here's more info:
Main Street
Jackson NH 03846

(603) 383-4391
Headed by owners Jim Cummings and Bill Tinkham, both of whom have achieved the top level Masters Certification from Masterfit University, the Jack Frost boot techs bring decades of hands-on knowledge to the fitting and customization of every customer's boots. "Our goal is to create a partnership relationship that will get you skiing or snowboarding better than ever with unparalleled comfort," says Cummings.

Aftermarket service has always been a forte at the Jack Frost shops. "They'll fix it at the Frost shop!" is the first advice given to hundreds of newcomers to the region by long time customers.

* The boot service department is ready to handle everything from a simple buckle repair to major shell modification.

* That hot spot or bunion ruining a perfect day of skiing? Boot stretching or grinding may be the answer to making a more comfortable fit.

* Looking for the ultimate fit? Replace that factory insole with a new custom footbed, hand crafted as you wait right at the shop. Top it off with a custom boot warmer.

* Did you purchase your boots somewhere else and can't get home before your vacation is over? Don't be shy about stopping in. The Jack Frost boot techs will help you rescue your vacation and get you back on the hill without a hassle.

We also understand and appreciate the special stance and fitting demands of women. Working with some of the top women skiers in New England, we began fitting and adjusting gear for female specific needs before most shops even knew there was a reason to do so.

* Shell Modifications: Stretching and grinding-state of the art tools from Superfit, Foredom, Dremel, Grizzly, Scott, Toe Jam and Sani Grinder.

* Performance Boot Fit: using after market products including Booster Strap, The Eliminator Custom Tongue, Instaprint and Zapz insoles (all sports)

* Problem Boot Fit: In our inventory to solve problems are
heelifts, navicular pads, metatarsal and neuroma pads, bontex shims, insole wedges, C-pads, L-pads, spider pads, collar wraps, side pads, narrowing pads, dorsal /instep pads and the knowledge to use them.

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You could also try Stan and Dan Sports on Rt16 in NConway. DH got his boots there and has been happy with there service. Prior to the new boots he had work done on his ill-fitting boots - include custom footbeds - done there that was very helpful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga