• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My favorite "ski movie" of all time...

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Downhill Racer", hands down. I tried to by this once in VHS, but the thing I received was defective and I never did get my money back, so I haven't pursued it. I've heard it's NOT available on DVD, but haven't pursued that either. (Must do now.... Found on an Amazon seller and bought VHS. Still no DVD!)

We've got a bunch of Warren Miller movies we start popping in, usually the old ones first since they are clearly the best.

I recently bought "Focused" by Matchstick Productions. The focus is big mountain and park/pipe freeskiing and it's great with lots of scenes shot in Norway and at Whistler.

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Fifty" by Warren Miller. It's the only one I could watch over and over. But I have to admit I haven't seen a lot of ski filesm.

Cold Fusion and Journeys are also great Warren Miller flicks. The more recent ones, Impact, Higher Ground, and Off the Grid were more sensationalized, empahsizing going big and being cool....

NannyMin

Banned
"Downhill Racer", hands down. I tried to by this once in VHS, but the thing I received was defective and I never did get my money back, so I haven't pursued it. I've heard it's NOT available on DVD, but haven't pursued that either. (Must do now.... Found on an Amazon seller and bought VHS. Still no DVD!)

We've got a bunch of Warren Miller movies we start popping in, usually the old ones first since they are clearly the best.

I just netflixed "Downhill Racer" and it is available on DVD.

The Other Side of the Mountain - The Jill Kinmont Story

I've loved that movie since I was a little girl! Very sad, but great story!

Jilly

Staff member
Any of the older Warren Miller's. I agree with ski now work later, the newer one haven't been as good. I actually went to a showing that featured Warren himself as narrator. It had to be early 80's. Can't wait to see JB007/TJ's - Return to Normalcy this fall.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga