• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mont Tremblant!!

snowgirl

Certified Ski Diva
Hi divas! I signed up for a trip with my college over break to Mont Tremblant, has anyone been here before? I'm very excited I've heard great things about the town and mountain :smile:

Thanks!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been- that is where I took my first ski lessons. Therefore, I can't tell you too much about the mountain itself since I only skiied the green runs. However, I really liked it a lot as far as the convenience of the village at the base etc. It was a fun trip because even though it's relatively close, you feel like you're really away; not many people there from the States when I was there- mostly French Canadians and people from abroad. Most everyone speaks French first, but will speak English if you indicate you don't speak French. Some good restaurants too-- try the Creperie Catherine and be sure to stop by the Sugar Shack for sugar on snow.

snowgirl

Certified Ski Diva
glad to hear they have lessons and green hills! ive skiied last year once and am going to the poconos a few times before the trip but i am still a novice :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
DH and I have been talking about getting up there for 7 years. Will this FINALLY be the year???? Jilly, when is the best time? We prefer lighter crowds (don't we all...) and do NOT mind super-cold -- I think Sugarloaf, Maine can give Tremblant something of a run for the money in the cold department...Any thoughts/input?

Jilly

Staff member
To avoid crowds, avoid weekends and holidays. It warms up in Feburary, but then you have President's week and British invasion week, one after the other. But Tremblant is 90% open today. I think the last week of January might be something to look at. High season prices haven't started, mountain will be full operational for sure and the coldest time is usually before that. If is really cold -20 C, then ski the gondola or away from the wind. Skied last Sunday in that, and it was warmer on one side of the mountain than the other. There is always a wind on the top of the mountain. Check in with JB007 at the Tremblant-insider.com. He has a chat room attached to that website and also gives a daily "honest" snow report.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I was thinking on the lines of way late, such as early April. Do things hold up nicely up there? I suppose it depends on the overall general kind of winter?? I was thinking late season rates also. When do rates go down? Aussi, je parle francais :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
Ah les primtemps. Great time of year. They have all kinds of concerts etc, especially when "Spin" is on. Early April the temperatures are great, usually warm and sunny. As for conditions, they keep the mountain open as much as possible till Easter. With Easter early this year they may close the Edge and Soliel right after. It all depends on ski traffic. But accomodations will be cheaper. Come on up!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Very strong possibility! I'm not paying attention to calendars, didn't realize Easter is early next year :noidea: Have heard nothing but great things about Tremblant, and if not 100% open, I'm sure there will be tons for us to party on. Will let you know if this FINALLY happens this year for us!

Jilly

Staff member
Just an update on conditions here at Tremblant. Yes we got the R word too on Sunday. But last night at least 3" on my deck and 7" on the north side of fresh snow. The Edge was fantastic this morning. La Soliel hasn't been groomed in a while and really needs snow. This place is crowded. Lots of Americans and Brits. Hopefully Saturday is turn over day and some of the places will not be taken. We waited in the single line today at least 20 min. Then I ended up with ski school kids. I've been approached twice to work teaching. I'm firm that I'm on holidays too. No teaching.

The good news - 4-6" of snow tonight!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga