• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Michigan Divas - Thoughts about the Caberfae/McGuire's ski/lodging pass?

Gumbelina

Certified Ski Diva
I haven't had the chance to ski Caberfae yet, but hubby and I are considering the ski/lodging pass for this winter. Are we going to be sick of Caberfae after spending 5-6 weekends there? I am a solid blues and some blacks skier, and hubby is about the same level snowboarder. Can anyone comment about whether there are any significant flats to deal with before getting back on the lifts? (a consideration for my knuckle-dragging hubby) Are the weekend/holiday crowds so big that we're going to get annoyed?

A big sell for us is the fact that McGuire's has dog-friendly accommodations for an extra $20/night, and dog-friendly XC trails. We have two huskies who could come with us and skijor if we stay at McGuire's, otherwise we'd spend that much to get the dogsitter to feed and walk them while we are gone, plus they get to do something they love (pull their humans around on the snow). Does anyone have any experience with the XC trails at McGuire's, or even with the dog-friendly accommodations? The room is supposed to have an outside door to make late night potty breaks easier.

We are driving from the Lansing area, so anywhere we go is going to require at least a 1-night stay, and with the combined lift ticket and hotel/motel prices that I'm seeing, I wouldn't anticipate being able to do more than 2-3 weekends if we go anywhere else.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I personally like McGuires as it's a family friendly resort, and though the economy has effected them they are doing their best to support the community and other business' like Caberfae.
You will not be sick of Caberfae after 5-6 times. It is small but its also fun.
The other benefit is that you're not going to have to travel the extra 1 1/2 hrs to Boyne or Nubs with the detour around the bridge.
Besides, you have many other divas who ski here and will love to hook up with you.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Can't comment on McGuire's but I haven't gotten tired of Caberfae in the past few years. Yes, there are some busy days, but I always figured it was because we go on Sundays, when the $9.00 lift ticket coupons are good.

My husband is a snowboarder and he doesn't have any areas he complains about, except the same one that I do - getting to to the top of the hill off the middle lift is flatter than it needs to be!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga